Safety Coordinator Top International Steel Trader
Location: St. Louis, MO
Our Safety Coordinator responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Taking care of our customers by executing the division’s safety, quality, cost, productivity, and profitability objectives.
- The Safety Coordinator will be responsible for providing effective professional safety and health support to all Cold Drawn teammates to improve and sustain a culture that values Safety above all else.
- The successful candidate will assist in the implementation of loss prevention, safety, health, security and fire control efforts for all teammates and facilities.
Responsibilities also include:
- Working with state and federal safety regulations
- Analyzing compliance,
- Implementing best practices
- Implementing effective communication systems for safety and health issues
- Maintaining the safety management system
- Assisting with the development of safe job analysis and safe job procedures
- Identifying training needs and delivering training
- Auditing safety efforts
- Participating in and/or leading safety focus teams
- Coordinating industrial hygiene monitoring
- Leading and participating in Safety & Health Achievement Recognition Programs (SHARP)
Safety is the most important part of all jobs within our company; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
- Experience working with Safety Management Systems and standards in the steel manufacturing environment
- Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or related field
- OSHA 30-hour training
- Certified to conduct OSHA trainings