Sales Inventory and Operations Planner
As a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we’re innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It’s an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, our company depends on people to power our innovations. Join us and help shape the future of products that impact people’s lives—every day.
The Sales Inventory & Operations Planner is responsible for facilitating the sales and operations planning and scheduling processes for the business unit using cross functional input and market intelligence.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Establish the SIOP processes to provide better market intelligence, improve demand planning accuracy, balance the supply and demand plan with a forward-looking view, and highlight areas of risk for contingency planning and decision making.
- Lead demand planning process designed to integrate feedback from Sales, Marketing, Operation, Scheduling, Finance, Logistics, and Sourcing teams to develop the monthly, quarterly and annual demand consensus plan by channel, key customers and products.
- Responsible for translating the sales forecast to a monthly, quarterly, and yearly demand plan. This will involve development, validation, and delivery of a consensus demand plan for all lines of business through leading the monthly planning cycle. This includes generation of a base statistical forecast, incorporation of market intelligence information to fine-tune the forecast, resulting in consensus on a final demand plan.
- Calculate roll forward view of monthly production, sales and inventory planning schedule to align projection of shipment, bookings, backlog, production volume, and inventory level.
- Assist in development and implementation of key performance metrics for operations organization.
- Serve as the demand planning representative on product life cycle or new product introduction.
- Work with other business units to coordinate demand and supply processes for intercompany manufactured products.
- Assist in annual sales budget and monthly financial forecast by providing intelligence on market condition, competition, customers, and sales outlook.
- Assist with inventory planning by managing inventory targets, safety stocks, Kanban’s for all materials at SKU/location level, and updating monthly inventory forecasts.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, Operations Management, Marketing, Logistics/Transportation, or a related field is required.
- 5-10 years’ experience in Sales Inventory and Operations Planning, Supply and Demand Balancing, Operations Management, Production control, Inventory Management or Scheduling.
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate the following:
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work well with others in a matrix team environment and with customers.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficient computer skills such as MS Office Suite.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant software such as Oracle EBS, Demantra or other demand planning solutions
- Experience in CRM software.
- Experience in leading the S&OP process for supply chain.
- Demonstrated knowledge of inventory management theory and supply chain practices.
- Experience managing Demand Planning assignments.
- Experience working in a multi-site Global Company
HOW TO STAND OUT
- Master's degree or MB is preferred.
- PICS or Supply Chain certification is plus
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Experience implementing ERP system (Oracle)
- Direct Supervisory Experience