Originate and develop designs for a secondary element, a minor functional system or component parts of a structure or device. Apply for and obtain product listing with approval agencies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (To perform within this position successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.)
- Develop both 3D solid models and 2D production drawings
- Design components of a major functional system
- Plan, coordinate, and check engineering changes prior to supervisory signature
- Investigate and troubleshoot product design related problems and opportunities, documenting findings and performing corrective/improvement changes.
- Develop agency submittals and coordinate available testing.
- Develop evaluation test plans and coordinate with designers and lab personnel on test set-up, data acquisition, interpretation of data and means for achieving desired test results.
- Investigate pertinent factors such as inter-changeability, service requirements, efficiency and agency requirements.
- Evaluate and design products for ease of manufacturability, and to meet cost and performance targets
- Assist in the start-up of new products.
- Coordinate with vendors on new or existing components.
- Apply physical chemical and or mathematical concepts to solve design related problems, and the creation of new designs
- Lead small design projects
- Work within cross-functional teams.
- Must attend work regularly
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: NA
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: (The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required and preferred for this position.)
- BS degree in engineering.
- Related job experience utilizing design principles.
- Knowledge in gas combustion principles.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, and maintenance instructions and procedures.
- Strong communications skills (ability to speak before groups or customers and or/employees).
- Ability to work with mathematic concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to work in a team environment (working with cross-functional teams).
- Strong reasoning and analytical skills (ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variable in situations).
- Strong coordination skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team environment
- History of regular and consistent attendance at work
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in appliance design.
- Working knowledge of UL and CSA water heater standards.
- Working knowledge of Pro-Engineer solid modeling software.
- Experience in manufacturing processes engineering and engineering computer systems.
- Experience in working with governing certification standards and agencies
- Experience in engineering/manufacturing change processes
- 3-5 years of related experience in design & manufacture of products.