We deliver quality in all that we do. We treat each other with respect and promote a positive environment where people feel valued. We are honest and open in our relationships and straightforward in our communications. We work together to achieve our company objectives.
Job Summary: Responsible for supervision of therapy centers (span of control is between 1-3 centers) including treatment of a full patient case load. Ensures compliance to all policies and procedures. Responsible for center financial statements including profit and loss performance. Responsible for sales/marketing to existing and potential center referral sources.
Essential Functions (Management):
- Creates an environment that is consistent with the companys values and objectives.
- Responsibilities of include the management of operations of therapy centers. Assure efficient caseload management and scheduling of patients.
- Responsible for implementation of local market business plan including company objectives and initiatives.
- Manages therapy center or centers, with the direct report of Site Supervisors, if applicable.
- Assists, as part of the management team, in strategic planning and implementation.
- Assists in developing fiscal budgets for center.
- Develops strategic plan for center and participates in market strategic planning.
- Maintains responsibility for ensuring center profitability. Interprets financial statements and performance metrics and develops strategic plans to address underperforming areas
- Assists in the development of center-specific marketing/sales plans for traditional referrals. Responsible for achieving the plan; overseeing center staff to ensure success.
- Ensures appropriate productivity and staffing levels, ensuring quality of care through appropriate staffing levels. Identifies open positions and hires clinical staff in conjunction with MCO/COD. Organizes daily work schedule to maintain optimal patient care. Job Description: Center Manager (Clinician PT) Page 2 of 8
- Conducts orientation and training of staff to implement VibrantCare clinical programs and operational objectives.
- Conducts accurate and timely Performance Planning & Reviews (PP&R) of center staff with specific focus on development plans. Provide developmental opportunities for current staff, including participation in local and regional professional meetings and college relations activities. Provides patient care skills development opportunities for clinical staff as appropriate. Recommend staff for recognition.
Essential Functions (continued):
- Manage all employee relations issues and ensure compliance with equitable application of Human Resource Policy and Procedures; seek assistance of Human Resources when needed. Monitor and accomplish area-specific retention objectives within center.
- Conducts monthly staff meetings to resolve operating issues and provide clinical inservices.
- Approves all purchase order requests, ensuring effective cost management.
- Justifies and processes all capital equipment request to Clinical Operations Director or Manager of Clinical Operations.
- Ensures positive moral, resolving people issues while rewarding success.
- Ensures VibrantCare Rehab Agency, State, Federal and local regulations, policies, procedures and patient care standards are met in assigned centers. Serve as a clinical resource and implements VibrantCare clinical programs.
- Conducts routine quality assurance and corporate compliance audits in the assigned center.
- Periodically (at least quarterly) review results of outcome program measures and develop plans to improve patient care where needed. Develop plans of action and ensure good outcomes of deficiencies noted in routine and investigative compliance audits.
- Ensure strong physician and payer relations and coordinate implementation of clinical specialty programs as requested by the customer.
- Participates in annual Patient Care Committee and sub-committee meetings; develop and maintain working relationship with Agency Medical Director
Essential Functions (Treatment):
- Understand appropriate state Practice Act and adhere to the laws which govern how Physical Therapists may practice and whom Physical Therapists may supervise.
- Review the VibrantCare Clinical Operations Policies & Procedures Manual on a yearly basis and adhere to the policies and procedures set forth.
- Complete all Medicare compliance trainings as required by regulations and/or VibrantCare policies.
- Complete Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) training on a yearly basis and adhere to standards set forth in OSHA standards and other governmental regulations.
- Evaluate, treat, and direct skilled treatment for patients for whom physical therapy is medically necessary. Document this need clearly.
- Maintain ongoing documentation in which goals, progress toward functional goals, and medical necessity are clearly stated.
- Complete all required documentation (pre-certifications, physicians reports, daily notes, charge tickets, etc.) legibly, appropriately and in a timely fashion in order to meet facility, physician and payor deadlines.
- Maintain open and respectful communication with co-workers, physicians, patients, family members, and third party payors at all times.
- Attend and/or participate in facility meetings as directed by Center Manager (may include utilization review, infection control, disaster preparedness, etc.)
- Completes sufficient ongoing continuing education coursework to meet state licensure requirements for the defined reporting period
- Maintains a current CPR certification that meets state licensure requirements
- Act as a role model; as a resource for peers.
- Researches unfamiliar diagnoses, procedures and requests opportunities/patients to provide needed learning experience.
- Assists in general maintenance duties around the center, to keep the area clean and professional looking. Job Description: Center Manager (Clinician PT) Page 3 of 8
- Assists in customer service responsibilities including phone answering, patient registration, scheduling and other general receptionist duties as requested.
- Utilize time efficiently and effectively to meet productivity requirements of the facility.
- Participate in and present clinical in-services, as directed
- Maintain current awareness of general changes in the health care field and specific issues impacting the practice of physical therapy.
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Effective organizational, time management and planning skills.
- Effective communication skills for accurate, concise and organized oral and written skills for report writing and presentation of information.
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional judgment with respect to patient status, safety and well-being.
- Good problem solving skills to identify and prioritize issues in a responsive manner and implement and execute action plan on timely basis.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite technologies (ex. Word, Excel).
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Leadership skills sufficient to effectively direct and supervise the activities of assistants and aides in delivering quality care to patients. Includes coaching and teaching skills.
- Effective clinical problem solving skills (ex. identify and prioritize issues in responsive manner, develop and execute sound, innovative action plans, ensure appropriate results, etc.).
- Computer skills for effective clinical documentation and management reporting including billing, payroll, etc.
- Ability to lift patients using biomedical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds of weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people, and understand written direction.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Fine motor skills adequate for scheduling and preparing patients, equipment, and supplies for treatment.
- Ability to participate in sustained activities for many hours in duration in accordance with state labor laws.
- Ability to lift patients using appropriate biomechanical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds dead weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to evaluate, diagnose and monitor patient needs and to maintain accurate records, recognize people and provide directions.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment through the facility and in the community.
- Possess fine motor skills for legible and accurate writing of reports, charting, scheduling, daily correspondence and presentations, either manually, using keyboard entry or through use of dictation equipment.
- Possess fine motor skills for effective and efficient handling of diagnostic or therapeutic equipment.
- Graduation from a physical therapist education program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE) or, in the case of an internationally educated physical therapist, from a non-CAPTE accredited program seeking licensure as a physical therapist, a substantially equivalent education;
- State licensure/registration where applicable. DEMANDS AND CHARACTERISTICS OF WORK, EQUIPMENT USAGE AND WORK ENVIRONMENT.