- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Arizona / San Francisco (Bay Area)
- $25 - $35
- Performs skilled nursing functions in accordance with the federal, state, and local laws and within the guidelines of his/her professional organization and Agency. All functions shall be performed in accordance with the established policies and practices and state Nurse Practice Act. The LPN/LVN delivers care to clients as delegated by the RN Case Manager.
● Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
● Current license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed
Vocational Nurse in the state(s) of employment.
● Minimum of one (1) year experience in an acute care setting or equivalent experience.
● CPR certified
● Demonstrated written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
● Licensed driver with automobile insured in accordance with state and/or
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
1. 1. Provides professional nursing care as defined in the nurse practice act
and under the direction of a Registered Nurse. Communicates appropriate status/condition changes to the RN per agency guidelines.
○ Provides skilled nursing visits for clients as directed by the RN Case Manager. Follows the care plan established by the Registered Nurse.
○ Recognizes and reports changes in client condition to the Case Manager and physician, as directed.
○ Communicates information on a timely basis, consistent with Agency policy and urgency of the situation. Communicates verbally, as needed, and through complete and accurate documentation in the clinical record.
○ Scope of clinical practice includes personal care services, monitoring and reporting findings, medication administration and monitoring, client teaching, emergency intervention, and nursing services within professional scope of practice and as delegated by the Case Manager.
2. 2. Promotes personal safety and a safe environment for clients and coworkers.
○ Demonstrates knowledge of safety/infection control practices by
compliance with policies and procedures.
○ Recognizes and responds appropriately to potentially unsafe situations.
○ Demonstrates safe practice in the use of equipment.
○ Makes recommendations on improvement of safety.
○ Seeks education/training or assistance with areas of concern
3. 3. Performs job in compliance with Agency policies and procedures and professional and community standards.
○ Accepts responsibility for professional nursing role.
○ Follows applicable state and federal laws and agency standards.
○ Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
○ Refrains from discussing client or staff identities, conditions, or circumstances in public or with others who do not have a legitimate interest in the person.
○ Participates in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the Agency Quality Improvement Program and pertinent activities.
4. Participates in coordination of home care services, attends meetings as required, and follows reporting guidelines.
5. Performs other related duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
- Click to Apply