We are currently seeking a detail-oriented tax professional to join our next generation of leaders. Our staff accountants are entry level associates with an educational background in accounting, financial statement preparation, tax preparation, and tax law. They report to the firms tax supervisors and managers.
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting, and other tax requirements.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document record keeping and accounting systems
- Stay current on business, accounting, and tax developments
- Work overtime throughout the year, particularly preceding and during months with tax deadlines
- Be knowledgeable of the firms wide-range of services available to clients, identify cross-selling opportunities, and help grow the firms practice and industry teams
- Attend training on technical issues and tax law updates
- Quickly and appropriately respond to unexpected events or changing schedules, demands, and priorities.
- Demonstrate an intrinsic need to excel, and belief in ones own ability to excel.
- Proactively seek new challenging assignments.
- Identify areas for improvement and provide solutions that help firm and team be more effective and efficient
- Stay current with engagement evaluations by initiating the reviews and following through to completion.
- Anticipate problems and issues, and keep the others informed of engagement status.
- Comply with firm practice management procedures and systems.
- Adhere to engagement specific budgets and minimize impact of budget overages.
- Be a firm promoter
- Begin developing a network of peers from college, social activities, and civic activities.
- Display progress toward receiving Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
- Bachelors in accounting or other relevant field required