Pay Rate: $18/hr
Work Schedule: Initially M-F 7:00 am to 3:30 pm for training and then compressed shift (Thursday, Friday, Saturday every other Wednesday 6:30 am to 6:30 pm)
● Maintain and operate liquid bulk and specialty gas/chemical delivery equipment
● Perform minor inspections and preventive maintenance on gas/chemical equipment
● Perform daily rounds, including recording readings, completing safety inspections, monitoring online gas and chemical systems, verifying toxic gas monitoring operations, and completing chemical tote/drum and gas cylinder change-outs
● Monitor and understand correct liquid bulk delivery procedures for each product on site
● Perform bulk gas and chemical trailer transfers
● Make initial evaluations and then obtain proper assistance when confronted with problem situations
● Active member of the Emergency Response Team
● Satisfactorily complete TGCM Tech 5 local OJT and qualification requirements within 12 months in job
● Participate in customer and Air Liquide programs including, but not limited to: Safety, Training, Operations, and Preventive Maintenance
● Support training of TGCM contractors as needed
● Comply with all applicable HS&E Standards including, but not limited to: PPE, Forklift Operations, Lock Out/Tag Out Program, Confined Space Entry, etc.
● Complete assigned tasks per existing procedures
● Perform minor analytical procedures and/or sampling procedures
● Accountable for the safety of all persons, and general public surrounding facilities.
● Hazardous Waste Technician (at applicable operations locations):
○ Ensure proper transfer of materials to the dock hazardous waste storage area, including utilization of appropriate maintenance, documentation, equipment, labelling, and procedures.
○ Follow proper procedures for handling spills/emergencies, pour-up of materials, segregation of compatible materials, preparation for waste/containers for shipment, and forklift operation
○ Support waste minimization programs/activities, and maintain understanding of applicable hazardous waste laws
● High School Diploma or GED
● 1+ years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
● Good communication skills
● Ability to follow both written and verbal instructions
● Evidence of previous work in a successful team environment
● Self motivated to learn
● Electro-mechanical aptitude
● Able to understand and abide by stringent safety and quality rules
● Display aptitude for working an emergency/high stress situation and performing problem solving actions properly and safely
● Ability to lift 40 lbs
● Ability to stand/walk up to 11 hours per day
● Ability to operate hydraulic foot pump (55 gallon drums - drums could be up to 500 lbs)
● Job requires constant bending to successfully complete shift tasks (validating information, checking systems, etc.)
● Ability to wear a respirator as part of required PPE for certain job tasks
● Please note: due to Covid-19, site restrictions mandate that all employees wear a face mask while onsite.
● Experience in the semiconductor or chemical/specialty gas field, military technical/electronic rating or nuclear field, or equivalent industry.