Posted on 14 June 22 by Daniel O'Donnel
Powered by Tracker
The Maintenance Manager plans, organizes and supervises the Division's maintenance staff and functions. This management position holds responsibly for overall fleet/equipment support and associated maintenance processes that include inspection, repair, pre/post servicing, vehicle distribution, quality assurance and disposal at the Division level. This manager will work in partnership with the Regional Maintenance Manager and Operations teams to ensure overall fleet condition, equipment reliability, safety and cost effective fleet performance.
1. Manages departmental hiring, training, coaching, performance management, discipline, scheduling of work assignments, and overtime authorization.
2. Maintains an ongoing preventive/corrective maintenance program which sets the standard for service excellence.
3. Reviews status reports including road calls, breakdowns, parts inventory, repairs, and safety performance.
4. Provides hands-on maintenance assistance as needed.
5. Education of driver responsibilities as it relates to DVIR's, operation of fleet vehicles, and basic CDL requirements.
6. Assures all maintenance-related data is available for input in the vehicle maintenance system.
7. Monitor Dossier efficiencies to include inventory control, goals for improved performance, monitoring, measuring and reporting.
8. Assists in purchasing of new vehicles, equipment, tools and containers.
9. Responsible for establishing maintenance related training sessions that improve overall fleet condition and operational knowledge of drivers, mechanics, and shop personnel.
10. Administer and monitor regional adherence to federal and state programs, and oversees maintenance in accordance with EPA and other mandatory regulations.
11. Verifies implementations of required DOT, OSHA, EPA regulations and monitors conformance as required on an ongoing basis. Coordinate efforts with local Safety, Corporate Safety and Regional Maintenance Manager.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
* Must have a valid Driver's License.
* CDL license preferred
* Engine rebuild certification a plus
* Brake certification required
Education and Experience
* Associates Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management or the equivalent of 3 years related field work
* 2-4 years basic accounting, fixed asset management preferred.
* Strong written and verbal communications skills.
Rate / Salary
65,000 - 90,000
Skills / Experience
Full medical, dental, vision and 401k