Our client is looking for a Senior UX/UI Designer to join its growing team based in Surrey, BC. Your job is to create and deliver a cohesive visual identity system for their products and services.
You have at least four years of experience designing online and/or mobile SaaS applications. Your portfolio is filled with creativity and shows a consistent progression of keeping ahead of trends in design. You lead by example, love rolling your shirt sleeves up, and are comfortable moving from ideation to
prototype to high fidelity design.
- Researching user behaviour, collecting feedback and translating it into better performing experiences.
- Whiteboarding ideas, sketching out wire-frames, building user flows and refining everything into beautiful high-fidelity designs.
- Getting into the mind of the user and turning user empathy into simple and easy-to-use interfaces.
- Taking initiative, working independently and you are an expert collaborator.
- Presenting ideas to the team and using your expertise and design leadership to get buy-in on new opportunities.
- Building visual identity systems and comprehensive UX/UI libraries to enable the engineering teams to move quickly and efficiently.
- 4+ years professional experience in the software/design/digital world.
- Proven UX/UI experience with a strong portfolio that demonstrates your work.
- A broad understanding of web/mobile UI standards, usability, and practical experience in design and development of user interfaces for web and mobile applications.
- Proficiency with design/prototyping applications such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe CC & Adobe XD.
- Excellent communication, presentation and collaboration skills.
- Experience with UX design within an Agile software development lifecycle.
- An open minded individual and love both learning and teaching others
- Curious and entrepreneurial
- Very comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- Results-oriented and process-driven, with high expectations of yourself and others
- An excellent communicator
- Capable of making informed critical decisionsyoure not afraid to make a tough call
- Comfortable giving opinionsyou ask questions and are willing to suggest a better solution
- Incredibly organized and capable of prioritizing conflicting demands and tasks
- Self motivated with a great attitude
- Friendlyyou love people and working on a team
- Willing to take risks for the good of the product and company
- Excited about building a product that solves real problems and seeing it used by real people