Turtle Design Inc. is a global product design company. We create web and native applications for some really great brands and startups you probably havent heard of (yet). We play in the intersection of design and technology, and love to explore the possibilities in emerging platforms.
We are looking for a UX Researcher who enjoys getting their hands dirty tackling challenging problems. Sometimes our clients have a good understanding of what theyre trying to do, while others dont have more than an idea on a napkin. Your primary responsibility is to be the key driver and lead the discovery and research phase of our projects. You will then work side by side with design leads, product designers and PMs to build solutions for our industry-leading clients.
You have the interpersonal, strategic and collaboration skills required to run and manage discovery and research projects. You also recognize the unique opportunities that are available by joining a young company where you will play a huge role in helping to dictate the process, methodologies, and specializations that our company will move into.
Be the key driver for all aspects of the discovery and definition phase of our projects.
Plan, create and execute on all research and discovery plans
- Understand and synthesize clients' core challenges and opportunities.
- Collaborate with the project team on right fitting the strategic activities for each project
- Provide strategic direction to clients and project teams, identifying opportunities, articulating user and business needs, defining actionable next steps, and collaborating with the team on solutions.
- Plan, create and facilitate discovery workshops and oversee brainstorming session
- Lead all aspects of user testing plans; participants sourcing, methodology of choice (moderated, unmoderated) protocols and success criteria
- Produce the necessary documentation such as; user story maps, user journey maps + flows, product requirement docs, roadmaps, information architecture etc, strategy decks, product vision and goals etc.
- Ensure all outcomes and next steps from activities are well documented and actioned on implementation
- Build strong rapport and trust with clients
- Work across multiple projects simultaneously
- Advise project teams, as needed, on implementing strategy during production
- Partner with Head of Product on overall strategy and delivery process.
- At least 5 years of experience working in tech companies or agencies as a product manager, strategist or UX Designer/Researcher delivering strategies for complex products
- Proven history of shipping products you played a large part in creating
- Posses the ability to create robust user testing plans and protocols
- Have a solid understanding of what good design is, and the effort required to achieve it
- Understand the product design and development lifecycle and can speak about it with clients
- World class communication skills; ability to build trust with clients and designers
- Love Collaboration; ability to work with internal partners and clients to run projects smoothly
- Motivated and responsible; ability to take ownership of projects and drive towards client success
- Have a keen self starter attitude
- Able to adjust a process for an enterprise or startup company
- The ability to communicate with VP / C-suite level stakeholders and everyone in between
- High EQ; Think first, speak second attitude
Nice To Haves:
- Experience in digital agencies / consulting
- Interested in thought leadership and creating resources like articles and guides, conference speaking etc.
- Writing experience (eg. blogging, copywriting)
- Active in a tech-related community
- Extensive background in User Research and Testing
- Experience working with distributed teams across multiple timezones
- Reporting to: Head of Product
- Collaborating with: Lead Product Designers, Designers, Project Managers
If you want to do some great work and make a huge impact in a young company, then send us a message. Were looking forward to meeting you!