Turtle is a strategic product design studio based in Vancouver, BC, Canada. We create web and native applications and play in the intersection of design and technology. We love to explore the possibilities in emerging platforms.
As a project manager, you'll be tasked with assisting in the project operations for our studio projects. You have a love for creating plans and making sure the team sticks to it. You're able to successfully navigate the tension between giving the team time and space to do their work checking and providing requirements and unblocking them when necessary. You're a natural project leader and have been known to possess excellent communication skills. You love owning project operations and are always looking for ways to improve it, too. Most of all; You truly enjoy delivering great projects.
You also recognize the unique opportunities that are available by joining a young company and want to get in early to be a part of that growth.
This position is remote and a 3 month contract to start. Ideally you can work within +/- 3hrs PST.
- Successfully produce and deliver projects of various sizes on time and on budget
- Work with studio leads to create project plans, SOWs and roadmaps
- Contribute to preparing pitches to new clients from time to time
- Create and maintain project documentation
- Manage and flag increases in scope / budget
- Book, invite necessary stakeholders and take notes/action items in all client and internal meetings
- Own the project operations for projects you're assigned to
- Weekly updates
- Issues tracking/management
- Project Financials
- Actively remove blockers and ensure the project team have what what they need to move forward
- Assist in estimating level of effort and time required to complete design tasks
- Contribute to our project operations process
- Receive client requests and create detailed tasks for designers
- Ensure the Head of Product is regularly updated on project statuses, risks and issues
- Minimum 3+ years industry experience
- Preference given to those with agency and/or startup experience working with a cross functional product team
- Unparalleled attention to detail
- Familiarity with the following tools:
- Google suite
- Strong problem solving skills
- History of delivering mid-large scale design projects
- Good understanding of agile/lean project management methodologies
- Communication skills; ability to communicate action items and next steps clearly both internally and client facing
- You can read a room (whether in person or over google meet)
- Motivated and responsible; ability to take ownership of projects and be responsible for managing yourself and the delivery of a project
- Able to adjust a process for an enterprise or startup company / big and small projects
- Experience working remotely
- Strong bias toward action
- The ability to communicate with VP / C-suite level stakeholders and everyone in between
- High EQ; Think first, speak second attitude
Nice To Haves:
- Deep interests in Agile/Lean/SCRUM methodologies
- Have built or contributed heavily to project operating systems for design teams
- Participated in usability/user testing experience
- An active contributor to a project management community
- Reporting to: Head of Product
- Collaborating with: Design Leads, Product Designers, Developers and Strategists
If you want to do some great work and make an impact in a young company, then send us a message outlining who you are and why you'd like to work with Turtle. Please also include your location, 2 work examples including your role on the project and salary expectations.
We look forward to meeting you!