MetaTech Consulting, Inc (MTC) is hiring a Linux Principal Systems Administrator (TS/SCI & FSP) for a full-time onsite role in Linthicum Heights, Maryland with a salary up to $179,000.00.
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems.
- Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems.
- Provide Tier 1 (Help Desk) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems,
- Aid users in accessing and using IT systems.
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provide Tier I (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems.
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers.
- Optimize system operations and resource utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning.
- Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process.
- Provide in-depth experience in trouble-shooting IT systems.
- Configure and manage UNIX and Windows (or other applicable) operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoot, maintain integrity of and configure network components, along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
- Provide detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers for escalated tickets.
- Support the design of systems, mission architecture and associated hardware.
- Possess a working knowledge and understanding of system administration interdependencies as part of the Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Analyze and resolve complex problems associated with server hardware, applications and software integration.
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with FS polygraph.
- Fifteen (15) years experience as a Systems Administrator in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Five (5) years experience Linux Administration experience is required.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) years of additional SA experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- In addition to systems-based operating systems, configure and manage virtual environments.
- Patch systems based on state-of-the-art security technology and functional parameters.
MetaTech Consulting, Inc.'s EEO policy prohibits discrimination in employment based on race, color, gender, age, disability, religion, national origin, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
In addition, our company does not tolerate any form of harassment based upon an employee's race, color, gender, age, disability, religion, national origin, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other behavior that interferes with the effectiveness of our work environment.