MetaTech Consulting, Inc (MTC) is hiring a Senior Software Engineer with Strong Testing Experience (TS/SCI & FSP) for a full-time onsite role in Annapolis Junction, Maryland.
- Develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements.
- Analyzes system requirements and concept of operations documents, acquisition plans, and system descriptions to develop evaluation and test plans and procedures, prepare for and conduct the data collection and analysis, and report status and results;
- Supports the development of Government test and evaluation documentation, e.g., Test.& Evaluation (T&E) Strategy, Test & Evaluation Master Plan, Event Test Plans, Test Readiness Assessments, and T&E Reports.
- Works individually or as part of a team. Works with other teams and organizations to support T&E program/integration.
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
- Provide specialized T&E capabilities tailored to system functions, level, maturity and performance area as assigned in the SOW.
- Conduct research into and apply knowledge of Government test and evaluation concepts and related engineering, acquisition, and operations activities as needed to support the T&E activities.
- Resolves software problem reports.
- Plan and Execute Performance Analysis.
- Assess operational and system performance requirements for testability and criticality to frame and prioritize T&E objectives and enable evaluation planning.
- Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
- Coordinate with program Systems Engineering and review T&E-related Systems Engineering information to leverage functional analysis, system descriptions, parameter selection and dependencies, Modeling and Simulation, and initial performance risk assessments to inform evaluation planning.
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features.
- Debug existing software and correct defects.
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories.
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards capabilities.
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components.
- Write or review software and system documentation.
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas.
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries.
- Oversee one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project.
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; Perform quality control on team products.
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met.
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with FS polygraph.
- Fourteen (14) years experience as a Software Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Strong experience as a Test Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Five years of Test Engineering is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
MetaTech Consulting, Inc.'s EEO policy prohibits discrimination in employment based on race, color, gender, age, disability, religion, national origin, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
In addition, our company does not tolerate any form of harassment based upon an employee's race, color, gender, age, disability, religion, national origin, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other behavior that interferes with the effectiveness of our work environment.