CNC Service Technician (hiring for both 1st and 2nd shift)
Full-time, hourly rate + bonus eligible (relocation assistance available)
Were looking for an experienced CNC Service Technician to perform maintenance on all CNC equipment, coordinate, and support plant preventative maintenance systems, implement continuous improvement activities to support the manufacturing process. The CNC Service Technician reports to the Machine Maintenance Manager and must work well in a team environment. This individual must work well with other trades, disciplines, facilities personnel, and always keep in mind that our goal is to support manufacturing, production, and all other internal customers. This is a hands on position.
- The CNC service Tech must have the ability to accurately diagnose, replace/repair, predict and prevent potential equipment failure to minimize down time.
- This position will also perform preventative maintenance as well as help in continually developing our preventative maintenance program.
- Install and repair hydraulic, coolant or air systems which are associated with the machine.
- Repair or replace gauges, valves, pressure regulators and other machine related equipment.
- Must be able to work on several projects at a time, to meet the needs of a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to properly troubleshoot failure of mechanical components.
- Good communication skills, ability to follow directions and works well in either an individual or team environment.
- Familiarity with all required safety practices associated with the job and follow safety procedures, security protocol, and wear proper PPE.
- Knowledge of CNC Controls and Drives, Electrical power distribution.
- An understanding and commitment to preventative maintenance.
- Ability to effectively utilize vendors and outside contractors.
What youve got:
- 57 years of maintenance experience on CNC Equipment.
- High School Diploma.
- Technical School or College Diploma a plus.
- Computer literacy and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to stay calm during stressful situations.
- Must have experience and knowledge pertaining to maintaining production CNC mills, lathes, mill-turns, broaches, and similar machines.
- Knowledge of automatic tool changers and pallet systems.
- Ball screw and axis support bearing replacement and alignment.
- Spindle replacement and repairs.
- Hydraulic and pneumatic troubleshooting and repair.
- Turret repair and alignment.
- Must have a strong ability to read mechanical drawings and part prints.
- Electrical and electronic troubleshooting background.
- Ability to read and follow ladder and wiring diagrams.
- Ability to troubleshoot electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Control experience with Fanuc, Siemens as well as other PLC experience is necessary.
- 220 / 480volt knowledge and experience.
- Troubleshooting knowledge and experience.
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous.
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction.
- Predictive maintenance, ball bar calibration, vibration analysis.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which is required in designated areas.
- This position may require standing for long periods of time, working frequently on ladders, scaffolds, and lifts.
- Working in dusty, dirty, hot, or wet conditions and possibly confined spaces.
- Work can include being outside or on rooftops during inclement weather conditions.
- This position must be able to respond to emergencies 24/7.
To find more great tech-centric jobs, please visit www.phoenixstaff.com.