IT Technical Writer
Hybrid/Remote - must be located in Las Vegas, NV for on-site visits.
Contract 3 Months
Are you a tech-savvy individual with a passion for clarity and communication, residing in the vibrant Las Vegas area? We're looking for an adaptable IT Technical Writer to join our clients team. In this role, you will be at the forefront of our mission to bridge the gap between complex technical information and user-friendly documentation. You'll be responsible for translating intricate details of network, compute, and logical infrastructure architecture solutions into accessible, referenceable, and usable documentation that caters to a diverse audience.
The successful candidate will have a thirst for knowledge, a talent for breaking down complex concepts into easily digestible content, and a commitment to staying up-to-date with the latest technological advancements. If you are eager to embrace new technologies and thrive in a collaborative environment, this is the opportunity you've been looking for.
- Creating and/or consolidating, maintaining, and organizing technical documentation that communicates complex information related to information technology (IT) systems, software, hardware, and processes. This documentation is essential for various purposes, such as helping users understand how to operate and troubleshoot IT systems, assisting IT professionals in configuring and managing technology.
- Attend Technical meetings, gather requirements, and translate complex technical information into clear and accessible documents.
- Audience Analysis: understand the intended audience and tailor documentation to their knowledge levels and needs, whether they are end-users, IT staff, or other stakeholders.
- Gathering Information: Collaborate with subject matter experts (SMEs), software developers, engineers, and other technical professionals to gather the necessary information to create accurate documentation and/or consolidate existing technical documentation to create referenceable documents.
- Style and Formatting: Maintain consistent style and formatting guidelines for all documentation to create a professional and cohesive look.
- Testing and Validation: Validate documentation by testing instructions and procedures to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Maintain and update documentation to reflect changes.
- Documents include but not limited to: technical reference documentation, Service Model, Support Plan, New Corporate Lab procedural documentation, Vendor Onboarding, Responsible, Accountable, Consultative, and Informed (RACI) documentation.
What youve got:
A combination of technical knowledge, writing skills and communication abilities:
- Technical Proficiency: knowledgeable about the technologies, software, hardware, and systems they are writing about. This includes familiarity with programming languages, databases, networking, and other IT concepts.
- Writing Skills: convey complex technical information in a clear, concise, and easily understandable manner. This includes knowledge of grammar, punctuation, and the ability to structure documents effectively.
- Research Abilities: be adept at researching and gathering information from various sources, including subject matter experts, documentation, and online resources.
- Documentation Tools: familiarity with documentation tools and software is essential. This will include simple tools such as MS Office Suite, MS Teams Recording and Transcribing Features, SharePoint, Snippet or SnagIt, Visio, or ability to create charts if needed.
- Organization and Planning: be able to organize and plan work effectively. This includes scheduling interviews with SMEs and meeting deadlines.
- Attention to Detail: attention to detail is critical and documentation requires a high-level of accuracy.
- Adaptability: be adaptable, and willing to learn new about new technologies and tools as they emerge.
- Skilled in Version Control and Documentation Management.
To find more great tech-centric jobs, please visit www.phoenixstaff.com.