IT Project Manager
Las Vegas, NV (hybrid remote)
We are currently looking for an IT Project manager for an opportunity with a global gaming and hospitality company. You will manage multiple small to medium projects, leading the project team in the efforts of design, build, test, and go live of projects on schedule, scope, and budget. May also act as a project coordinator.
- Create and maintain the project management plan ensuring PM methodology is adhered to.
- Ensure project timelines, business milestones and project deliverables are met.
- Delegate tasks on the project to team members best positioned/responsible to complete them.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs.
- Create all PM artifacts as required.
- Serve as a point of contact for teams when multiple units are assigned to the same project to ensure team actions remain in synergy.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders throughout the project.
- Adjust schedules and targets on the project as needs or financing for the project change.
- Develop and maintain a productive working relationship with business owners, project sponsors, all project team members
- Negotiate conflicts and resolve issues that arise during the project.
- Determine staffing requirements and form project teams.
- Develop budget requests for resources.
- Identify the elements of risk or issue in a project.
- Analyze and prioritize risks and issues and assess their potential project impact.
- Develop and maintain RIDA logs.
- Conduct project kickoff meetings, communicating individual roles and project expectations.
- Continuously monitor the actual cost of a project versus the budget
- Monitor the project identifying resource needs, performing quality reviews, and escalating scope, budget, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
- Formulate recovery plans or assessing impact if not recoverable and escalate as appropriate.
- Prepare status reports to convey project scope, goals, milestones, budget, risk, status, change requests, and critical issues to the client and project team.
- Conduct formal review with business sponsor at project completion to confirm acceptance and satisfaction.
- Collect and conduct lessons learned.
- Uses past experiences to identify potential areas of improvement.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
What youve got:
- Bachelors degree in an information technology-related discipline preferred; an equivalent level of experience or combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Must be able to effectively manage several projects simultaneously.
- At least 1-2 years of project management experience preferred.
- 2 years project management in an IT environment preferred.
- Gaming and/or Hospitality experience a plus.
- Must have excellent leadership, negotiation, and mediation skills.
- Must have excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Must have excellent planning and organizational abilities.
- Must be able to effectively collaborate with employees at all levels of the Company.
- Ability to facilitate large group meetings.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients and other departments.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to deliver and work through ambiguity.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- PMP certification or equivalent industry recognized certification preferred.
- Incumbent must be able to obtain and maintain any necessary certifications and/or licenses.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain any necessary certifications and/or licenses.
To find more great tech-centric jobs, please visit www.phoenixstaff.com.