Technician Engineering Data Integrity & Analysis
Tempe, AZ Hybrid (requires work in office 2 times per week)
Contract 3 months
We are actively searching for an Engineering Technician who will play a pivotal role in supporting engineers across a range of data integrity and analysis tasks. These responsibilities encompass data rectification, thorough investigation of data integrity concerns, the application of data corrections, analysis of asset failures, documentation of process and procedures, as well as project management and monitoring. The engineering technician adeptly utilizes data from the transmission and distribution system, including engineering models, asset details, and metered data.
Additionally, they provide essential support to customers reliant on transmission and distribution system data, promptly addressing external requests for investigations and effectively managing issue triage and resolution. Dedication to maintaining the accuracy of data flow within the system is essential. The ideal candidate should consistently adhere to established procedures while also demonstrating the ability to create and document these processes in Word or Visio to preserve institutional knowledge.
- Conduct a thorough review of data integrity issues and rectify them within source systems.
- Detect and resolve issues related to the health of grid assets.
- Provide valuable assistance to engineers in the realms of document management and process/procedure mapping.
- Contribute to project management and its efficient tracking.
- Offer technical support as required for special projects.
- Deliver engineering support and share technical expertise with essential stakeholder groups.
What youve got:
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel (PivotTables), as well as Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
- Ability to apply physics and mathematical concepts to solve real-world engineering challenges is vital.
- Strong problem-solving skills and critical thinking are key.
- Exceptional writing, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational capabilities, with the ability to structure content effectively.
- Exhibit a strong capability to take ownership of problems and drive them to a successful resolution.
- Adept at handling multiple assignments and prioritizing work to meet deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with diverse internal and external organizations.
- Exhibits self-discipline, accountability, and responsibility in the work environment.
- Ability to work independently and excel in a telework environment.
- College-level coursework (comprising more than 100 credits) completed at an accredited institution will be assessed individually, with the determination of its relevance to the position made by the management based on skill and level of achievement.
- Understanding of basic engineering concepts including circuit theory.
- Working knowledge of PI Vision and Asset Framework.
- Experience in running, editing, developing scripts (e.g. Python, SQL).
To find more great tech-centric jobs, please visit www.phoenixstaff.com.