Senior Systems Engineer
Tempe, AZ (Onsite or Hybrid with 2 days remote)
As a Sr. Systems Engineer, expertly design and manage both on-premises and Azure cloud-based technology systems with minimal supervision. Administer a diverse range of infrastructure components, including physical and virtual servers, virtualization technologies, storage, backups, and support systems such as DNS, NTP, DHCP, and Active Directory. Drive design, documentation, implementation, configuration, maintenance, and security for the systems team's infrastructure. Responsible for proactive capacity planning, performance tuning, monitoring, and problem resolution. Administer Microsoft Azure environment to ensure efficient deployment, application management, automation, integration, and supporting services.
Youll be working in a strong team environment there are no silos here, everyone helps lift everyone up and brings their own strengths to the table. As a Senior Engineer, you will be helping engineers on the team with less experience. Were looking for someone with a high level of proficiency across all techs listed below, especially VMWare, Azure, and Microsoft 365.
- Design, document, implement, and administrate IT operations infrastructure.
- Develop and execute procedures for optimizing system performance and capacity.
- Develop and implement temporary solutions to be used if the immediate resolution is not feasible.
- Ensure that stakeholders are continually updated on progress toward a resolution.
- Execute proactive and comprehensive routine systems maintenance to ensure optimal performance and availability.
- Lead cross-functional collaboration with IT and Business teams to strategically evaluate, design, and implement cutting-edge systems and applications.
- Maintain and develop technical knowledge and skills to support the variety of hardware and software in use in the company.
- Mentor and guide junior-level engineers in providing efficient and effective infrastructure support.
- Proactively engage with hardware and software vendors to swiftly resolve problems and maintain seamless system operations.
- Recognize the criticality of issues and assess the potential impact on critical business systems and stakeholders to prioritize and resolve them with urgency.
- Work with internal and external resources as needed to resolve issues.
- Manage critical data operations, including backups, data lifecycle management, disaster recovery/business continuity planning, and data governance.
- Work with Microsoft SQL and always-on availability groups and manage shared storage over iSCSI.
What youve got:
- A strong understanding and hands-on experience with Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) technologies, including certificate management, key management, and secure communication protocols. ADCS experience preferred.
- BA or BS degree in a related field and 7 years of experience or 10 years of experience with design, support, and troubleshooting infrastructure-related systems.
- Experience managing security solutions. Microsoft Defender, Sophos, SentinelOne, and Proofpoint preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft 365 (Exchange Online, Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, etc.) and Azure infrastructure services (PaaS, VMs, networking, Azure AD, Monitor, Storage Accounts, Resource Manager, Automation)
- Extensive experience in managing Microsoft on-premises infrastructure technologies with PowerShell, including Active Directory, DNS, NTP, Group Policy, IIS, and Windows Servers.
- Familiarity with a load-balancing platform (e.g., Kemp) and associated concepts.
- Highly skilled in utilizing the VMware ecosystem, including ESXi, vCenter, VRealize, and High Availability (HA) technologies.
- Ability to pass background and drug screen.
To find more great tech-centric jobs, please visit www.phoenixstaff.com.