Network Security Engineer II
Remote (Some travel required)
Our client is seeking a contract-to-hire Network Security Engineer II to perform all functions required to support day-to-day administration and troubleshooting of network security devices and security policies. This position will support, maintain, and document a broad suite of security infrastructure, accountable for security and networking infrastructure, component availability and integrity, in addition to participating in investigation and reporting of security incidents. The ideal candidate will have deep knowledge of Check Point, Fortinet, F5, Juniper, and a strong background in Linux, scripting languages and overall network security engineering.
Only candidates from the following list of states will be considered: AL, AR, AZ, CO, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, LA, MD, MN, MO, MS, NC, ND, NE, NM, NV, OR, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, and UT.
- Design, implement, and maintain network security solutions using Check Point, Fortinet, and F5 technologies to protect the organization's systems, infrastructure and data.
- Configure, manage and troubleshoot Firewalls, VPNs, 2-Factor Authentication, Access Policies, Load balancers, and others to ensure optimal network performance, security, and connectivity.
- Utilize Python, Ansible, or other scripting and programming tools, together with strong Linux administration skills to automate tasks, troubleshoot issues, and optimize network security performance.
- Respond to support tickets escalated to Network Security Engineering Team and Perform on-call duties as assigned, being a technical point of contact for team.
- Develop and maintain network security documentation, including policies, procedures, troubleshooting steps and topology diagrams as it relates to Network Security components.
- Provide security metrics from the environment that can be used by several groups and teams including senior management.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate security controls into the network infrastructure and ensure compliance with industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Provide technical guidance and support to junior network security engineers and other team members, promoting a culture of knowledge sharing and continuous improvement.
- Stay current with the latest industry trends, emerging threats, and best practices in network security to contribute to the ongoing development of the organization's security posture.
- Perform on-call duties as assigned.
What youve got:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or MIS/CIS from a four-year college or university preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in network security engineering, with a focus on Check Point, Fortinet, and F5 technologies.
- Strong knowledge of load balancing, VPNs, and network security best practices.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with scripting and automation tools using Python and Linux systems.
- Familiarity with network protocols, routing and switching, and network architecture principles.
- Relevant certifications such as CCSE (Check Point Certified Security Expert), NSE7+ (Fortinet Network Security Expert), or F5-CTS (F5 Certified Technology Specialist), are strongly preferred.
- Firm understanding of networking concepts in routing and firewall administration.
- Self-starter with excellent analytical, problem-solving, communication, interpersonal, organization and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work independently and part of a team, managing multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Familiarity with Change Control and Method of Procedure processes preferred.
To find more great tech-centric jobs, please visit www.phoenixstaff.com.