Chief Data Officer
The Chief Data Officer plays a crucial role in ensuring the usability, availability, and efficiency of data. You will be responsible for driving digital transformation and monetization through the innovative use and optimization of data assets. As CDO, you will assume primary responsibility for data governance, data management, and data quality policies and standards throughout the organization. Additionally, you will maintain ownership of the internal data warehouse, analytics, and data architecture. The Chief Data Officer will be tasked with developing and implementing data policies across the organization, ensuring compliance with best practices and regulatory requirements. This is a contract-to-perm opportunity.
- Provide leadership to the Data Governance Council.
- Organize, lead, and sustain the Enterprise Data Management Organization.
- Lead, motivate, and manage large technical teams.
- Collaborate with the line of business data owner to assess, prioritize, and mitigate risks that may affect business operations and regulatory compliance resulting from data quality issues.
- Work with the Data Governance Office and partner with IT to develop a data strategy and roadmap.
- Work with the Information Security and Privacy Officer to implement data management practices that support security and privacy requirements.
- Provide vision and strategy for all initiatives related to data, including new business opportunities, data management, data quality, and business intelligence.
- Lead the development and implementation of data strategy, including the development, communication, and implementation of policies and frameworks.
- Assess vendor offerings in the data software, tools, or services space.
- Lead the implementation of information controls and risk remediation programs.
- Ensure that the design and build of strategic business solutions comply with information and data policies and data management strategies.
- Implement a data classification program to identify confidential and private information.
- Establish and monitor data quality efforts and provide a central authority for the resolution of data issues.
- Manage the data management budget and data-related systems initiatives.
- Provide reports to executives on key metrics of the data management program.
- Lead the creation of a business glossary and metadata repository.
- Operationalize data stewardship.
- Work with leadership to develop and promote the adoption and implementation of data policies and data strategy.
- Drive efforts to educate executives, employees, and customers on the strategic value of data and its important role as a business asset and revenue driver.
- Influence stakeholders and business executives so that data governance principles are included in the definition of strategic targets.
- Educate the organization on data workflows, the appropriate place(s) to get data, data vendor capabilities, definition and appropriateness of data, rules on data access, and related issues.
- Champion data management, governance, quality, and vendor relationships.
- Establish a data governance program.
- Enforce data policies and standards for core data governance and data management functions.
What youve got:
- Knowledge of how to manage, analyze, and synthesize data to deliver insights and knowledge to support organizational decisions; data technology infrastructure and environments coupled with business process architecture; one or more industry-standard data management and governance frameworks.
- Skill in creating tools and capabilities to assist with loading, cleansing, enriching, managing, and sharing data and metadata from a variety of sources; developing data strategy, policies, and procedures, as well as successfully executing data management and governance programs; leadership of complex programs.
- Ability to synthesize business priorities and goals into a cohesive vision for the data management function; understand and relay complex data-related issues in an easy-to-understand manner to both technical and non-technical personnel; work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment across organizational lines and at all organizational levels; communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Certification in a recognized data governance or data management framework such as CDMP, EDME, or EDMA.