Senior Business Analyst
Hybrid in-office/remote in Phoenix, AZ
As a Senior Business Analyst, youll provide technical support for an internal mainframe application. This position analyzes the feasibility of the design, program, test, and conversion phases of highly complex programming applications. Creates work plans to accomplish tasks and provide completion time estimates.
- Participate in design meetings.
- Identify and resolve system problems, checking to determine if a problem is system related or a user issue; determine alternatives and with direction, coordinate and implement solutions
- Coordinate among various units to achieve objectives for system implementation and maintenance
- Provides remote support to statewide staff as needed
- Perform problem resolution and solution development; advise manager of needs/issues
- Provide support for automated system development, implementation, and maintenance
- Tests and document program enhancements/corrections/modifications.
- Creates user guides; internal and external procedures, problem reports and systems requirements documents.
- Work with Business Analyst and manager to understand the existing file structure and layout.
- Work closely with systems and programming staff to insure all upgrades/ modifications meet mandated criteria and will work to benefit users.
- Recreate problem(s) in test region; work with Analysts/Manager/Systems & Programming staff to troubleshoot, fix, test and implement system fixes/changes.
- Code and test ad hoc reports utilizing the Data Warehouse.
- Provides backup to Helpdesk.
What youve got:
- Bachelor's Degree and/or 10 years of experience in business analysis (or equivalent experience)
- Agile Experience a plus.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in teams and across organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize feedback and adjust plans accordingly.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships inside and outside the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and write technical documentation.
- Considerable working knowledge of methodologies and techniques for systems analysis and design, business process modeling, requirements gathering, quality assurance, and software development.
- General knowledge of policies, procedures, programs, and business goals.
- Proficiency with Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK)
- Proficient analytical skills to evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, consolidate details and extract to functional requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively translate user requirements into business, functional, and test scenarios for projects of various sizes and complexity.
- Ability to pass a background search to include child and adult protective services registries.
- Ability to obtain a fingerprint clearance card upon job offer.
To find more great tech-centric jobs, please visit www.phoenixstaff.com.