IP Deployment Engineer II
Remote; Must be located in one of the following states: AL, AK, AR, AZ, CO, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, LA, MN, MO, MS, NC, ND, NE, NM, OR, OK, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT
- Demonstrates the ability to manage complicated technical projects including timelines, costs, resources, and vendor relationships.
- Provides advanced technical and operational escalation support to the Operations staff on network elements, internal processes, training requirements, vendor support, and network design and planning.
- Manages vendor relations and product evaluations; provides cost analysis and feasibility studies for various projects and proposed network designs.
- Identifies operational and design issues through data analysis and recommends solutions to make networks more efficient.
- Works with internal technical, sales, and support groups to provide a reliable and secure network infrastructure used to deliver telecommunications services including voice, video, and high-speed data.
- Supports carrier network equipment such as routers, switches, DSL and cable modems, Unix systems, firewalls, and other data/IP networking-related equipment.
- Applies strong knowledge of data communications principles, architectures, and protocols including TCP/IP, routing, switching, WAN, and ethernet technologies to design and implement efficient network configurations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to ensure effective operation of the department.
What youve got:
- 4 - 6 years of IP Network design experience.
- Good working knowledge and experience in Layer 3 routing protocols: RIPv2, OSPF or IS-IS, and BGP.
- Understanding of protocol inspection and packet capture methods using tools such as TCPDUMP/PCAP and Wireshark.
- Advanced knowledge of network performance and capacity management strategies.
- Advanced knowledge of Juniper MX, EX, and SRX platforms is required.
- Deep knowledge of Juniper configurations focused on routing, QOS, MPLS, VoIP, multicast video, and security.
- Advanced Knowledge of TCP/IP (IPV4 / IPV6), ethernet technologies, IP routing and routing protocols, multicast, Unix/Linux systems (preferred), network security technologies, and carrier network architectures.
- Strong familiarity with next-generation technologies preferred: Network and data center virtualization, SDN, and emerging technology standards.
- Juniper/Cisco certifications of JNCIP or equivalent experience desired.
- Working knowledge of Juniper-based tools such as STRM and Space desired.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks/projects as well as lead small, directed projects.
- Strong documentary, technical writing, and communication skills.
- Ability to train and support NOC and junior network engineering staff.