Vice President of Innovation
Phoenix, AZ (Hybrid; On-site 2-3 days a week)
Reporting to the CEO, the Vice President of Innovation will own the strategic technology roadmap and lead the development team to successfully execute against the roadmap.
We are looking for a director of engineering to lead our engineering department and help us build great products. Youll also manage our infrastructure and ensure all internal systems operate securely and effectively.
To be successful in this role, you should be confident managing our teams while, at the same time, setting goals, budgets, and timelines for various projects. We also expect you to be in charge of our integrations with external partners and oversee all software development plans from ideation to execution.
Ultimately, youll make sure we use innovative technologies that maximize our productivity and help our company grow.
- Supervisory responsibilities: review, mentor, or oversee the work of the entire Innovation development team.
- Develop technical aspects of the companys strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals.
- Collaborate with clients and/or internal teams to understand needs; drafts initial proposal and design of software to meet these needs.
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage.
- Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency.
- Ensure compliance with security regulations.
- Manage software development projects by setting requirements, goals and timelines and working within cost constraints.
- Monitors and assists with software testing and validation procedures and programming.
- Monitors and assists with software installation; ensures application operates within established specifications.
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes.
- Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance.
- Help departments use technology profitably.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Present to CEO and Board Members as needed.
What youve got:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field required. Masters degree strongly preferred.
- Five years of experience owning strategic roadmap and leading development team.
- Five years of experience as software developer or engineer.
- Preferable to have experience within Human Resources technology space and/or healthcare field.
- Knowledge of technological trends to build strategy.
- Leadership and organizational abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent time management skills with the proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Extensive knowledge of coding languages and systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
To find more great tech-centric jobs, please visit www.phoenixstaff.com.