As a PC/LAN technician, youll be out with internal customers on a daily basis resolving issues and working as a liaison to other divisions. You will need to have the ability to drive to various locations throughout the Phoenix Metro area as needed using a company vehicle. Infrequently, travel with possible overnight stays within AZ may be offered on a volunteer basis. Must be able to pass a background check and obtain a fingerprint card after offer is accepted. Must have a good driving record and current AZ Drivers license a 39 month review will be conducted.
- Server support, desktop support, support customers on the network; fix computer related problems; troubleshoot hardware problems; research and implement potential solutions; support agencys warranty and non-warranty computer and printer repair work; and assist with assigned project tasks.
- Ensure compliance with standards for systems software and documentation.
- Teach customers how to use PC related software and hardware.
- Implements software patches, security fixes, and tests and validates modified system configurations.
- Install and configure PC hardware, software and peripherals. Assist with major deployments of hardware and software.
- Monitors system reliability and availability.
- Attend section staff meetings.
- Complete mandatory training classes and other classes as assigned.
- Travel between sites to accomplish tasks.
- Perform preventive maintenance on hardware and software packages to include client and server platforms.
- Teach new staff members how to troubleshoot problems, setup and install, network related hardware, software and other peripherals.
- This position will require daily travel to work sites.
What youve got:
- General working knowledge of infrastructure technologies and in-house developed applications utilized in the enterprise
- Ticketing and Department operating procedures
- Knowledge of Microsoft products including operating systems and Office
- Knowledge of Google email and standard Suite of products
- Computer hardware configuration and repair knowledge
- Knowledge of Ethernet network topology to assist with troubleshooting network issues
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure industry standards and best practices
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Problem definition and alternative analysis skills
- Experience with Active Directory
- Experience with Windows 10
- Experience with Windows 7
- Experience with Server 2008 and Server 2012 engineering
- Experience with Backup solutions
- Time Reporting
- MS System Center Operations Manager 2012 R2
- Minimum 4 years of current working experience in an IT field
- Must have a current AZ Drivers license with a good driving record (39 month review will be conducted; no criminal record or DUIs)
- Must be able to achieve an ACJIS Certification and pass an Arizona Criminal Justice Investigation with fingerprint and Criminal background check.
- Associate/Bachelor degree in a related field is preferred
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Advanced troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent self-organization and time management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and across organizations
- Ability to synthesize feedback and adjust plans accordingly
- Ability to develop and write technical documentation
- Ability to evaluate and test emerging technologies
- Ability to apply creative solutions to business problems to ensure business needs are most effectively met
- Resource will be working in a professional environment and will be held to a dress code standard
To find more great tech-centric jobs, please visit www.phoenixstaff.com.