Principal Software Engineer
Phoenix, AZ (Hybrid)
As Principal Software Engineer, you will serve as a technical leader in the design, coding, testing, support, and debugging of software applications throughout the software development lifecycle. This role requires heavy involvement in strategic planning processes. You will apply your skills and experience in leading, mentoring, and evaluating team members although you will not have direct reports. This role is about 60% functional/40% technical.
- Gather and analyze material relevant to identify and define the technical requirements and strategies needed for the successful completion of projects.
- Oversee technical system designs to ensure systems are built to provide both high availability and scalability.
- Review project code created by team members to ensure quality and completion.
- Assist with engineering of the enterprise API.
- Take an active role in the development and maintenance of tools, standards, and methodologies.
- Serve in a mentoring role to less experienced developers while providing training and technical assistance.
- Maintain morale by promoting open communication amongst team members.
- Be exemplary as a team player showing the ability to handle stress in a professional manner.
- Lead technical discussions, develop strategies, and present ideas to company leaders.
What youve got:
- B.S. in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- 7+ years of experience with progressive application programming/systems analysis.
- Strong skills in Azure, C#, and .Net.
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming principles and patterns.
- Familiarity with programming best practices (naming conventions, coding standards, architecture).
- Experience with a modern version control system such as Subversion, Git, or Mercurial.
- Knowledge of programming domains (server architecture, security standards, accessibility standards, database access and usage, deployment process, user interface development, networking, etc.)
- Cloud infrastructure application development with vendors like AWS, Google, or Microsoft.
- Knowledge of microservices architecture design and implementation.
- Knowledge of API design standards, patterns, and best practices.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to establish productive relationships with cross-functional teams.
- Able to manage ambiguous and subjective situations, including balancing operational efficiency and data analysis.