Help Desk Technician II
Austin, TX; Occasional local travel required.
The Help Desk Technician II provides support for end users in the company office environment as well as on mobile vans. Responsibilities include receiving, prioritizing, documenting, actively resolving end-user help requests, and escalating incidents as necessary. You will install, diagnose, repair, maintain, and upgrade printers, personal computer hardware, software, and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. Working hours are from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, with occasional overtime as needed. Occasional local travel will be required.
- Process trouble tickets and document details related to issues and solutions.
- Provide audio/visual and computer technology support for on-site and off-site meetings and presentations.
- Set up hardware and software for new and existing end users.
- Make technology-related purchasing recommendations in addition to tracking hardware and software purchases.
- Configure, manage, and maintain hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
- Perform maintenance on printers and manage technology-related supplies and supply orders.
- Maintain technology-related inventory and asset records.
- Coordinate service repairs.
- Assist with the addition of new user accounts to the network, set up e-mail mailboxes, and maintain recipient lists.
- Assist with the evaluation, implementation, and maintenance of personal computers, systems hardware, and software applications.
- Decommission old hardware and prepare for donation or destruction.
- Prepare and publish periodic reports on the status of initiatives, metrics, and operational performance indicators.
What youve got:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years of end-user support experience.
- Experience supporting Windows workstation OS platforms.
- Minimum of one year of network experience with knowledge of database concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively train users of differing degrees of computer experience in the use of new and existing computer applications.
- High computer proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access.
- A high degree of proficiency in the support of various computer applications.
- Valid drivers license and reliable transportation. Must be willing and able to travel to multiple locations within Central Texas.
- Must be up to date with vaccinations against COVID-19 unless reasonable accommodation is approved.
- Superior analytical and data management skills with demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Superior organizational, project management, time management, and multi-tasking skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills, including effective interactions, responsiveness, resourcefulness, and follow-through.
- Ability to communicate information diplomatically, concisely, and professionally with internal and external audiences.
- Demonstrated experience in working with sensitive information and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of end-user support.
- 3+ years of systems administration experience.
- Experience with MacOS platforms.
- Experience with healthcare, grants, and/or fundraising software.
- Technical working knowledge of Microsoft Exchange, Windows Server, and Linux.
- Certifications: MCSE and A+.