Full-time

VP of Technical Architecture

Posted on 16 September 22 by Allen Plunkett

  • Austin, TX
  • $180,000 - 190,000 per Year
Logo

Powered by Tracker

Job Description

Title: VP Technical Architecture
Location: Austin, TX – Hybrid


The VP of Technical Architecture will be responsible for establishing the long-term vision for building scalable technology systems as well as providing architectural expertise, direction, and assistance. The VP Technical Architect will not have direct reports. About 80% of the time you will be doing true engineer work; the other 20% will be spent communicating the vision to team members, leaders, etc.


Your role:

  • Responsible for establishing the long-term vision for building scalable technology systems; acts as a visionary and strategist for product solutions.
  • Exercises discretion and independent judgment in planning and deploying large-scale product systems.
  • Actively collaborates with leaders in developing and maintaining technology plans supporting the product roadmap.
  • Customarily and regularly surveys market landscape for solutions, insights, and methods.
  • Reviews the development pipeline ensuring overall architecture meets customer demands and products are developed on the leading edge of industry standards.
  • Serves as a technology representative to internal customers across all departments providing architectural expertise, direction, and assistance.
  • Responsible for communicating technology plans and capabilities timely and effectively.
  • Develops creative resolutions to complex problems.
  • Responsible for overseeing technology projects and assigning tasks to internal teams; ensures solutions are delivered on time and meet quality standards.
  • Customarily and regularly provides technical mentoring and leadership to other team members.
  • Performs other related duties as assigned.


What you’ve got:

  • Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience in a related field is required.
  • 8-12 years’ experience in an engineering or technical role; industry experience preferred.
  • Must have solid understanding of and experience with C++.
  • Embedded development experience. 
  • Experience working with devices such as TVs, ATMs, medical instruments, etc. 
  • Expert knowledge of design patterns with the ability to design subsystems that support the advancement of the overall technology direction.
  • Expert proficiency in graphics engines and programming techniques and optimizations.
  • Expert knowledge of business products, platforms, systems, and related development technologies.
  • Expert knowledge of development environments and tooling.
  • In-depth technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems.
  • Advanced experience working with application development tools.
  • Working technical knowledge of current software, protocols, and standards.
  • Expert knowledge of software development standards and methodologies.
  • Expert knowledge of distributed networking systems, including load balancing, clustering, and virtualization.
  • Expert knowledge of product/project specific programming language.
  • Proficient ability to capture technical requirements.
  • Background in gaming, medical visualization, or military simulation is a plus. 

Job Information

Rate / Salary

$180,000 - 190,000

Sector

IT

Category

Not Specified

Skills / Experience

Not Specified

Benefits

Not Specified

Our Reference

JOB-6476

Job Location