Project Director (ERP)
Phoenix, AZ (mainly remote with occasional in person meetings)
Were looking for a Project Director with at least 5+ years of progressive experience in Information Technology (IT) and large project implementations preferably 10 years of such experience. You will be the executive responsible, accountable and with authority over the management of a large scale HRIS modernization project from start to finish. You will direct the activities of the outsource vendor and internal HRIS Modernization Team. You will be responsible for ensuring that execution of the project aligns with the business objectives/priorities as set by a Steering Committee.
HRIS is an integrated enterprise system that comprises Core HR, Payroll, Benefits, and Time and Attendance systems. HRIS serves as the central hub for employee records, position management, salary and benefit administration, time and leave management, and workforce data. It is the source of information relied on for analysis of the workforce including FTE utilization reports, compensation levels, and budget projections.
- Interface to internal and external stakeholders to communicate the project goals, objectives, and status.
- Monitor all project activities for alignment with time, scope and cost, and for progress and status and manage all project dependencies, risks and issues and direct the HRIS outsourced vendor and project teams to deploy rapid and early mitigation strategies. As needed team members and stakeholders will also escalate issues and risks through the project governance structure for resolution.
- Identify any vendor performance issues and escalate them for resolution.
- Own the business relationship with the outsourced vendor.
- Enforce defined policies defined to standardized processes and escalate any significant points of contention for resolution.
- Act as decision maker on the identification and assignment of the appropriate resources at each stage of the project to adequately address the tasks and/or issues at hand.
- Maintain a strong, collaborative working relationship with the Project Managers from both the outsourced vendor and project teams.
- Sign-off on the resource management plans and regularly review and assess the plans and assigned personnel, for necessary changes.
- Accountable for the activities of the project teams and maintains authority to resource and structure the project teams as needed to best serve the goals of the project.
What youve got:
- 5+ years of progressive experience in Information Technology (IT) and large project implementations. However, 10 years of such experience is preferred.
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills, executive level communication and presentation skills, and deep experience and proven success in leading successful, strategic IT initiatives.
- Experience with large ERP system migrations or implementations is strongly desired.
To find more great tech-centric jobs, please visit www.phoenixstaff.com.