Senior Software Development Engineer
Were looking to place a Senior Software Development Engineer with a cross functional team using the latest development technologies and agile practices. This is not a cross-fit team full of agile bros, just to be clear. This is a great opportunity with a great company with a start-up type feel. You know, in-office gym, office sports leagues, casual feel, and of course great pay and benefits.
- Youll be a magician of product experiences. Instead of cutting a human in half, youll make the technical and complex simple and effortless PRESTO!
- Participate in all aspects of the software life-cycle, from ideation through development and including production support
- Mentor, educate, and lead other
- Collaborate deeply with a cross functional team of Engineers, UX, Product and Operations. You will do more than just write code
- Leverage practices such as Continuous Integration/ Continuous Deployment, Pairing, and Test Driven Development to deliver early and often
- Sometimes youll be late and infrequent, but not a lot or too soon
- Actively engage with the education community to understand product needs
- Apply Lean Startup/Agile approaches to software development
- Work in an open space environment (no cube walls, or fences, or slats)
What youve got:
- BS in a related field or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of full development stack (e.g. UX, Web, API, Data, Business Logic)
- Experience developing in Azure or other cloud services
- Familiarity with agile methods. Scrum and XP preferred
- Passion for self-driven, continuous learning, both in and out of the office, at home, at the club, in the store, and around the corner and back again
- Leadership qualities and capabilities
- Opinionated on technology, in theory, but flexible in practice
- Passion for Education is a must; experience in Ed-Tech helpful, but not required
- Passion for passionfruit is a plus
- Experience developing for mobile preferred, but not required
- Have a great day!
To find more great tech-centric jobs, please visit www.phoenixstaff.com.