We're looking for professionals with a passion for improving cancer data, attention to detail, and who possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- The Lead Cancer Registrar oversees the quality of Cancer Registry case abstracting and follow-up.
- Participates in Case Finding activity. Abstracts all cancer patients (off-site facility patients) in accordance with the ACOS/COC guidelines and the Maine State Department of Human Resources Division of Cancer Registry (MCR) regulations.
- Completes Case Follow Up function.
- Supports Cancer Conference (Tumor Board) function; is responsible for fulfilling the ACoS-CoC designated Cancer Conference Coordinator role.
- Responds to data requests received by Cancer Registry. Oversees Cancer Registrar activity supporting registry activity at off-site locations.
- Participates as an active member of the Cancer Leadership Committee. Supports Cancer Leadership Committee quality & community outreach activities.
- Required Associate's Degree
- In lieu of education, two years of experience is required per year of required education, exclusive of the minimum experience identified
- Credential Required: CTR
Required experience: 3 years of relevant work experience