Sr Systems Engineer
Owings Mills, MD (Onsite full-time)
Compass Pointe has partnered with a global financial company in the Owings Mills, MD area that is looking for a Sr Systems Engineer. The main function of a Systems Engineer is to perform a wide variety of installation, configuration and upgrading of servers and related hardware and software in a LAN, WAN, and stand-alone environment, providing investigation, diagnostic testing and repair/resolution of system, hardware, software and infrastructure.
Top Job Responsibilities:
- Monitor/troubleshoot backups.
- Monitor server availability.
- Maintain adequate storage on servers.
- Experience supporting Windows Server.
- Knowledge of Microsoft System Center ecosystem Knowledge of VMWare.
- Complete configuration, installation, and support of equipment to the specifications of the business.
- Maintain software applications and operating systems through regular maintenance.
- Maintain configuration and support documentation.
- Manage assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
- Supervise the administration of systems and servers to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
- Maintain multi-site network operations, software applications, operating systems through regular maintenance.
- Troubleshoot malfunctions of hardware, software applications and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
- 8-10 years experience required.
- Broad knowledge of IT Systems engineering.
- Experience with system capacity and planning, as well as functional configuration and audit.
- Experience with system planning and capacity tools and analyses.