Sr Power BI Developer
Compass Pointe has partnered with a global financial company in the Owings Mills, MD area that is looking to hire a Sr Power BI Developer. The project is to Complete the foundational work to stand-up the Power BI workspace for Technology Services using industry and tool best practices, then partner with Shared Services Reporting team to build-out highest priority dashboards.
- Build and maintain data models, data connections, and data transformations within Power BI.
- Create and manage complex DAX calculations, measures, and KPIs.
- Support advanced analytics and business metrics.
- Extract, transform, and load data from various sources into Power BI.
- Optimize performance and usability of Power BI by tuning queries, implementing efficient data models, and applying best practices.
- Ensure data security and compliance standards are met by implementing appropriate security measures and access controls within Power BI.
- Configure deployment pipeline Set escalation procedures for failures.
- Evaluate the need for a data lake / warehouse, providing Engineering team with requirements.
- Provide recommendations for centralizing dashboard inventory.
- Complete performance tuning and query optimization.
- Document process and procedures related to Power BI development, administration, and best practices.
- Develop dashboards that monitor, measure, analyze, and extract insights from different datasets to allow leadership to make data driven decisions.
- Seasoned BI developer with 6+ years direct hands-on experience with Power BI, including strong knowledge of both Power Query and DAX.
- Experienced with setting up data connections and APIs with multiple enterprise platforms and applications.
- In-depth understanding of data modeling, data warehousing, and data transformation techniques.
- Experience working with large datasets and incremental data loads, including optimizing dashboard performance.
- Strong database and SQL skills.
- Familiarity with data security and compliance standards, and the ability to implement appropriate security measures.
- Able to comprehend and translate complex and advanced functional, technical and business requirements into executable architectural designs.
- General product support capabilities and ability to troubleshoot issues.
- Keen attention to detail and responsible for accurate reporting metrics.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent assignments, work well under pressure, maintain flexibility, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to breakdown complex or vague problems and step through them in a rational way.
- Able to work on initiatives of medium complexity, size and impact.