Sr Software Development Engineers in Test (SDET)
Owings Mills, MD (2 days onsite, 3 days remote. Must be onsite day 1)
Compass Pointe has partnered with a global financial company in the Owings Mills, MD area that is looking for a Sr SDET. Software Development Engineers in Test (SDET) bring strong software engineering skills and excellent testing domain knowledge to build software quality solutions to enable other engineers to test and evaluate their own software more effectively and efficiently.
- Sr SDET level with 5+ years of experience.
- Experience with Selenium, Java and TestNG.
- Experience with API testing JMeter, Postman, and/or Rest-Assured.
- Automation Framework Design.
- Experience leading Jr level SDETs.
- Test case management, manual testing.
- Familiar with CI/CD would be a plus.
- Design, develop, document, and maintain automated tests and in-house software utilities.
- Create, maintain and execute manual test cases.
- Adhere to established software engineering best practices and standards.
- Suggest improvements for processes, best practices, and standards.
- Gather and Analyze requirements to develop automation test scenarios.
- Identify opportunities to improve maintainability of automation platform.
- Understand and apply test driven design concepts to test and debug automated solutions and software utilities developed by self and others.
- Deliver accurate and maintainable code for test automation and software utilities.
- BS/BA or equivalent education or experience.
- 5+ years of software automation.
- Proven experience in Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Hands on experience in creating test plans, test scenarios, and executing tests.
- Hands on experience with crafting and maintaining testing frameworks, Selenium (TestNG), JMeter, and Postman.
- Datawarehouse experience with a data driven approach.
- Able to understand what you are testing and why.
- Good understanding of web services testing and familiarity with Rest-Assured.
- Good understanding of Jenkins as CI Tool and Configuration.
- Experience with SQL databases.
- Able to build strong partner relationships internally and externally.
- Hands on experience driving innovation process from end-to-end.
- Background in DevOps is a plus.