Sr Network Monitoring Engineer
Owings Mills, MD (2 days onsite, 3 days remote. Must be onsite day 1)
Compass Pointe has partnered with a global financial company in the Owings Mills, MD area that is looking to hire a Sr Network Monitoring Engineer.
- The Network Management Engineer works closely with Technology Services Infrastructure personnel to evaluate, recommend, and implement a suite of proactive management tools needed to maintain a stable and efficient converged data, voice, and video network environment.
- Configures and maintains off-the-shelf management tools for real-time and historical visibility into network fault and performance. Keeps tool versions up to date while following change control procedures and works with management tool vendors as needed to deal with software deficiencies.
- When off-the-shelf tools are insufficient, this position leverages software development skills to maintain, modify, and create customized programs, tools and scripts providing enhanced productivity through automation and increasing visibility into infrastructure health and performance.
- Research and provide timely resolution to any management tool issues that may compromise Network Operations proactive visibility into network infrastructure.
- 3+ years of proven experience managing and creating network management tools and scripts.
- Proficiency with UNIX/RedHat Linux including some systems administration experience.
- Strong understanding of SNMP MIBs, Syslog, NetFlow, TACACS, SNMP Traps and alerting.
- Perl and Python.
- Familiar with databases such as MySQL, Postgres, and Vertica.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently once up to speed on the enviro
- ServiceNow integrations. xMatters alerting through ServiceNow.
- Automation such as Ansible.
- Gitlab and JSON.
- Cisco router & switch configuration.
- Infoblox IP Address Management (IPAM) experience including NIOS, DDI, DNS, DHCP.
- Installation, Configuration, Integrations (API/REST), SSL, and certificates.
- Network Insight discovery, vDiscovery for VMware (NSX), and Cloud (AWS, Route53, Azure, etc.).
- Knowledge of the Broadcom/CA DX NetOps suite that includes Spectrum, Performance Center with components (Vertica repository, Data Collector, Data Aggregator), Network Flow Analyzer, Virtual Network Assurance and Business Intelligence.