Internal Auditor (Banking)
Develops, plans, organizes, and performs all internal audit activities for the Bank, and coordinates external audits and regulatory examinations. Examines the records of Bank functions to ensure that generally accepted accounting practices are being followed, internal controls and safeguards are adequate, effective and efficient, regulatory and legal requirements are being complied with, Bank policies and procedures are being followed, and to provide management with an independent evaluation of ongoing operations.
- Develops annual Internal Audit Program for the Bank, which is approved by the Audit Committee prior to the beginning of each calendar year.
- Conducts Audits.
- Verifies financial and operating information.
- Reviews changes to ensure compliance with policies or regulations.
- Assists external auditors, state, and federal examiners.
- Performs management services as requested.
- Works with the chair of the Audit Committee.
- Complies with regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Performs periodic audits and testing to assure bank compliance with new and existing regulations.
- Acts responsibly at all times while ensuring the security and integrity of bank systems, information and data to protect customer confidentiality and privacy.
- Performs other duties as requested by the Audit Committee, or the Board of Directors or Senior Management as authorized by the Audit Committee.
- Requires B.S. degree in accounting or related field. Three to five years experience in auditing. Should have proficiency in application of auditing theory, standards, procedures and techniques. Knowledge of banking operations, methods, and procedures. Some type of professional licensing (e.g., CPA, CBA, CIA) is preferred but not required. Must be able to perform internal audits and identify and solve problems within the banking system.
- Must be able to disclose deficiencies in operational systems and noncompliance with established policies and regulations; recommend corrective action and systems to improve internal control and operating efficiency.
- Contact with Bank employees, external auditors, state and federal examiners, and the Board of Directors (Audit Committee).
- Accountable to the Audit Committee for identifying problems in the internal audit process, and new system applications.
- Excellent communication skills to interact effectively with bank management and board members.
- Preparation of reports that are concise, easy to understand and well organized.
- Team building, coaching, and monitoring skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Knowledge of computers and expertise in using Excel and Word.