Software Development in Test (SDET)
Owings Mills, MD (2 days onsite, 3 days remote. Must be onsite day 1)
Compass Pointe has partnered with a global financial company that is looking for a Software Development in Test. The main function of a SDET is to design, develop, and implement automation test framework.
A typical day may involve:
- Coding tasks to build or enhance developer tools.
- Research and POC work.
- Working with other engineers to solve quality issues.
- Design, develop, document, and maintain automated tests and in-house software utilities.
- Adhere to established software engineering best practices and standards.
- Suggest improvements for processes, best practices, and standards.
- Gather and analyze requirements to develop automation test scenarios.
- Identify opportunities to improve maintainability of automation platform.
- Understand and apply test driven design concepts to test and debug automated solutions and software utilities developed by self and others.
- Deliver accurate and maintainable code for test automation and software utilities.
- BS/BA or equivalent education or experience
- 3+ years of software automation
- Proven experience in Agile/Scrum methodology
- Hands on experience creating test plan, test scenarios, and execute tests.
- Hands on experience with crafting and maintaining testing frameworks like Selenium (TestNG), JMeter, Postman
- Strong knowledge a programming language such as C#, Java or Java Script
- Good understanding of web services testing and familiarity with Rest Assured.
- Good understanding of Jenkins as CI Tool and configuration
- Experience with SQL databases
- Highly collaborative individual with ability to influence others and build strong partner relationships internally, as well as externally.
- Hands-on experience driving innovation process from end-to-end.
- Background in DevOps environment is preferred.