Lead Software Development in Test (SDET)
Owings Mills, MD (2 days onsite, 3 days remote. Must be onsite day 1)
Compass Pointe has partnered with a global financial company that is looking for a lead Software Development Test. The main function of the lead SDET is to lead, design, develop, and implement automation test framework. Work with other engineers and business partners to understand business requirements, software design and implementation and create automation plan for Jr. level SDET.
A typical day may involve:
- Coding tasks to build or enhance developer tools.
- Research and POC work.
- Educating other engineers in best practice.
- Working with other engineers to solve quality issues.
- Lead engineer in software automation
- Design, develop, document, and maintain automated tests and in-house software utilities.
- Work with Software engineer to improve software development process.
- Work with manual QA to organize, create and maintain manual test suites.
- Improve software QA and software engineering best practices and standard procedures.
- Gather and analyze requirements to develop automation test scenarios.
- Identify opportunities to improve maintainability of automation platform.
- Understand and apply test driven design concepts to test and debug automated solutions and software utilities developed by self and others.
- Deliver accurate and maintainable code for test automation and software utilities.
- BS/BA or equivalent education or experience.
- 5+ years of software automation.
- Proven experience in Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Has been a lead in a previous role.
- Hands on experience in creating test plans, test scenarios, and execute tests.
- Hands on experience with crafting and maintaining testing frameworks like Selenium (TestNG), JMeter, Postman.
- Strong knowledge of programming languages such as C#, Java or Java Script.
- Strong understanding of web services testing and familiarity with Rest Assured.
- Strong understanding of Jenkins as CI Tool and configuration.
- Experience with SQL databases.
- Highly collaborative individual with ability to influence others and build strong partner relationships internally, as well as externally.
- Hands-on experience driving innovation process from end-to-end.
- Background in Devops environment is preferred.