IT Service Desk Manager
Washington, DC - Hybrid 50%
Compass Pointe has partnered with a law firm in the Washington, DC area that is looking for an IT Service Desk Manager. The IT Service Desk Manager is responsible for the supervision, management, maintenance and coordination of the centralized IT Service Desk resources to ensure the timely delivery of a superior customer service experience handling computer-related incident resolution and request fulfillment to end users firm wide in a fast-paced 24/7 environment.
- Overseeing the day-to-day supervision of the firms Service Desk Analysts to provide quality customer service to all of the firms staff in support of the firms IT Service Desk.
- Supervising the DC Service Desk team.
- Providing support and maintenance of all computers and printers; ensuring timely resolution of issues (i.e., end-user application support and system issues are identified, prioritized and resolved).
- Scheduling the firms Service Desk resources as needed to maintain the timely handling of support issues in a 24/7 environment.
- Providing information and recommendations regarding IT Service Desk staffing levels to the Director of Technology Support.
- Providing career development guidance to staff and recommending training paths.
- Identifying metrics and collecting associated data to ensure optimal Service Desk operations.
- Performing administrative duties related to the processing of all leave requests, timecards, and annual reviews in a timely manner.
- Identifying, recommending, and documenting procedures and processing improvements related to IT service delivery and problem resolution.
- Performing incident trend analysis (Incident Management); making recommendations to the Director of IT Support Services for ways to reduce recurring issues.
- Reviewing, editing, and maintaining support services knowledge database.
- Providing feedback to the Training Manager to ensure training programs meet the needs of the firms end users.
- Supervising planning and management of location specific projects, i.e., laptop replacement.
- Collaborating with other Directors, Managers and Supervisors to ensure that departmental and firm projects are completed efficiently.
- Supporting firm policies and procedures related to the Information Technology Department.
- Four-year college degree preferred; equivalent experience will be considered.
- Minimum six years experience in providing end-user support.
- Minimum of three years supervisory experience in a Help Desk or Service Desk environment.
- Working knowledge of and technical experience providing support for computer related systems which include but are not limited to the following areas: computer and mobile device Operating systems, Application Software, Computer Hardware, Remote Access and Network connectivity.
- Expert knowledge in Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite and/or related software.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and customer service skills and personal initiative.
- Proven project management skills and an ability to work under time constraints to meet deadlines.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to strategically maintain financial/budgetary information.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to be a change agent and drive new firm initiatives.
- Excellent organization and communications skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while exhibiting a strong attention to detail.
- Flexibility to work additional hours, as necessary.