Compass Pointe has partnered with a global financial company in the Owings Mills, MD area that is looking for a Junior Database Administrator. The main function of a Junior Database Administrator is to provide database support on a variety of hardware and software platforms and peripherals.
This role will be working in Owings Mills, MD (2 days onsite, 3 days remote. Must be onsite day 1)
- Provide database and system on-site support.
- Monitor, collect statistical information, and provide reporting on capacity and system performance.
- Based on statistics, make recommendations to maintain and improve capacity and system performance.
- Monitor the system, and act upon system and application automated alerts.
- Perform diagnostics, testing, and troubleshooting of software, o/s, and database issues (ex. correcting installation, configuration, or data problems).
- Plan and perform software installation, configuration, upgrade and patching.
- Plan and perform database configuration, maintenance, upgrade and patching.
- Perform and manage system and database backups.
- Perform manual switch to redundant system / database components, in case of system failure.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
- 0-2 years experience required.
- Experience in providing technical support, covering database administration and operations to include monitoring maintenance capacity, performance monitoring/planning and incident/problem troubleshooting and resolution.
- Strong knowledge of SQL.
- Understanding of Help Desk tools and trouble ticket tracking processes.
- Understanding of support agreements and their implied service levels.
- Proven ability to write excellent technical documentation.