Owings Mills, MD (2 days onsite, 3 days remote. Must be onsite day 1)
Compass Pointe has partnered with a global financial company in the Owings Mills, MD area that is looking for a hands-on Business Analyst to support their digital products. Will be working as a part of the Intermediary & Institutional Distribution Technology team. Incumbents help define business requirements, build application and process specifications, and ensure that work is in alignment with the overarching business and technical strategies. This role requires working and conceptual knowledge in your job discipline, in which you will have the opportunity to perform a range of assignments.
- Articulate business needs and translate them into technological solutions.
- Help define and breakdown business needs for new and/or enhanced services, processes, or features for a digital product team.
- Working closely with product owners and other stakeholders to ensure that all business requirements are understood, documented, and met.
- Applies a lean-agile mind-set to work and supports organizational agility.
- Works with other digital business analysts to ensure new or updated features are in alignment. with digital domain standards and best practices.
- May support functional testing and other support tasks (content authoring) as necessary.
- 2-3 years of related experience.
- Actively seek feedback and guidance to improve analytical and technical skills.
- Demonstrates strong logic and reasoning capabilities.
- Experience with SQL.
- Identify system/process/data impacts (upstream and downstream) and propose appropriate alternatives or remediation options, highlighting trade-offs when necessary.
- Can explain basic technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Some understanding of technologies leveraged in the digital space (content management systems) is a plus.
- Prior experience in the Financial Services and Asset Management industries is helpful, but not required.