Compass Pointe has partnered with a global financial company that is looking to hire a Desktop Technician III. The main function of a Desktop Technician is to be responsible for the installation, configuration, and administration of Windows desktops. will need to have general hardware and software knowledge. For example, they will be ensuring that assets and devices are connected, working properly, and providing troubleshooting efforts as needed. The managers will provide a brief training course on what needs to be completed and process for that.
This role will be worked fully onsite, in Baltimore, MD
- Responding to, updating and maintaining tickets, Resolving end-user tech issues.
- Addressing security vulnerabilities, Responding to on-site request for support/assistance, and Supporting DR efforts for our monthly tests.
- Assist in the software and hardware life cycle management processes including research, packaging, quality assurance, and deployment preparation.
- Set up new users, including desktop configuration, email accounts, ldap accounts, VPN accounts.
- Support employees, both local and remote, with desktop issues, account issues, and access to various internal services.
- Troubleshoot software issues on employees desktops/laptops.
- Some off-hour support may apply.
- Associate's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
- 5-7 years experience required.
- Knowledge of Windows OS and Windows 10.
- Must have Citrix experience.
- Virtual Machine support experience and Large Enterprise background.
- Looking for someone with an analyst approach.
- Experience with MS Teams.
- Experience with desktop installation and configuration.
- Experience troubleshooting desktop issues as well as mobile devices and finding the root cause and what the solution is.
- PowerShell scripting and mobile support are both nice to haves.