Owings Mills, MD (3 days onsite, 2 days remote. Must be onsite day 1)
Compass Pointe has partnered with a global financial company in the Owings Mills, MD area that is looking to hire a Business Analyst. The business analyst role will report to the Head of General Management and Practices within the Enterprise Change Office and will be a dedicated team member, supporting the Portfolio Management Process & Tool (PPM) modernization project. This position will help support the day-to-day operations dictated by the project manager and operating sponsor. The Business Analyst will be tasked with driving and executing requirements elicitation, as well as completion of user stories that may involve data collection & analysis and process mapping just to name a few. Success in this position is marked by strong relationships within the project team, as well as with business partners, and strong communication and critical thinking skills.
- Accountable for own work and effective coordination of process and information with others. Works independently, within guidelines and policies for ongoing work; may receive general guidance on new assignments.
- Working closely and developing relationships with a variety of senior level internal and external business partners to ensure that all business requirements are understood, documented, and met.
- Leading requirements elicitation and refinement.
- Identifying risks that must be addressed for a successful outcome or defining mitigation approaches.
- Identifying system/process/data impacts (upstream and downstream) and proposing appropriate alternatives/ remediation.
- Demonstrating proficient understanding in multiple technologies/ applications.
- Communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences using multiple forms such as verbal and written.
- Creating functional specifications.
- Championing data-driven decisions.
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Ability to breakdown complex or vague problems and step through them in a rational way.
- Experience working with business partners and senior management.
- Experience proposing and documenting options and alternatives.
- Experience with Visio and change management.
- Experience creating process maps.
- Experience creating and/or executing test plans.
- Demonstrate proficient understanding in multiple technologies/ applications.
- Previous financial services experience.
- Discovery work, meeting with different stakeholders and business counterparts, business processes, self-start, ability to interact with a variety of stakeholders.
- Process flows, diagrams, requirement specs, user stories. More use to pure data, supporting technical specs.
- Previous project management experience or knowledge.