Sr Full Stack Developer (2 openings)
Baltimore, MD (2 days onsite, 3 days remote. Must be onsite day 1)
Compass Pointe has partnered with a global financial company in the Baltimore, MD area that is looking for a Sr Full Stack Developer. Will be building a suite of next-generation n-tier, native cloud-based applications. In this role, you will be part of the Fixed Income Front Office software engineering team whose mission is to enhance and develop new capabilities needed by our Portfolio Managers, Analysts and Quants, using modern web/cloud technologies.
The role requires you to take responsibility for the full development cycle, from requirement gathering to the delivery of the end-product. You will be part of an agile teamwork will include managing data and implementing visualization with UI/UX best practices.
- Hands-on front-end development for a Typescript/React application.
Work directly with business users to understand their challenges and deliver solutions with business value.
- Will be developing in Python on the backend.
- Continuously improve the level of testing, documentation, and knowledge within the team
- Demonstrate master hands-on capability to drive components to delivery.
- Advocate and contribute to software engineering best practices, including those that have enterprise-wide impact.
- Shows willingness to take on the complexities of the domain Fixed Income, Portfolio Management, Quantitative Research, and Risk.
- Being able to distill the why, understanding standing the bigger picture and communicating across technology and business stakeholders.
- Innovate, design, and deliver in terms of high reliability, scalability and extensibility.
- Build large scale distributed computing programs to generate insightful analytics.
- Front office investment technology in space work directly with credit analyst to create tools to help them to their jobs better and be more effective and give them an advantage.
- Strong academic record and a degree with high mathematical and computing content e.g., Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or Physics from a leading university.
- 5+ years of progressive software engineering experience
- Expert knowledge of Python and related popular libraries
- Experience in building containerized applications and deploying to cloud infrastructure such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or similar providers.
- Proficient on Linux platforms with knowledge of various scripting languages
- Strong knowledge of one or more relevant database technologies e.g., PostgreSQL, SQL Server
- Strong in Test-Driven Development and proficiency in writing maintainable and adaptable code.
- Strong with a range of open-source frameworks and development tools - Python (NumPy, SciPy, pandas), gRPC, Git, and CI/CD.
- A solid understanding of tradable financial instruments (securities, derivatives) and capital markets
- Experience of front office software development with an Asset Management, Hedge fund or Investment Bank
- Shows willingness to take on the complexities of the domain, Portfolio Management, Quantitative Research, Risk, etc.
- Demonstrates deep experience in automated testing and techniques.
- Performs as an expert in multiple parts of the software lifecycle (e.g., coding, testing, development) and coaches others on such practices.
- Experienced in several styles of architecture (e.g., real-time, batch, orchestration)