Compass Pointe Consulting LLC, is a Maryland based, Woman Owned Small Business specializing in IT and Finance & Accounting Solutions and Services is looking for an AWS Cloud Network Architect. Will lead the design, development and deployment of AWS cloud-based network solutions for an enterprise organization in a virtual environment. This position will require to go thorough a Public Trust Investigation and is 100% REMOTE.
- Research, develop and design enterprise networking system leveraging AWS for high-performance applications. Provide technical expertise in all areas of network for complex multi-account environment using FedRAMP-certified services including ELB, SG, DirectConnect and Transit Gateways, and other.
- Maintain and ensure the ongoing stability and continuous operations of custom-build enterprise network including hybrid (AWS/on-premises) and connectivity with external partners
- Lead technical teams of Architects and Engineers to design and implement enhancements to the connectivity, structure, security of the cloud environment following infrastructure-as-a-code principles including automation and configuration management.
- Perform requirements gathering, gap analysis, technical studies, risk assessments and vendor selection
- Propose and implement architectural solutions to provide additional functionality and address new AWS infrastructure components and security requirements
- Create and maintain system network architecture documentation
- Lead incident management efforts to investigate, mitigate and resolve network related issues
- Research and prototype new products, tools, technologies
- Maintain processes and technical documentation
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- 10+ years of experience of leading the design, development and deployment of AWS cloud-based network solutions for an enterprise organization in a virtual environment.
- Minimum of Bachelors degree in a System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect or AWS Certified Advanced Networking Certification required
- Strong background with automating network management through DevOps scripting including AWS CloudFormation, Ansible Tower, shell, Python, Ruby, and Powershell
- Experience delivering solutions and administering systems in a cloud environment using laaS and PaaS offerings
- Experience interfacing with in-house software developers and 3rd party software vendors to understand the software requirements and, in cooperation with them, design efficient network and security solutions.
- Expertise in designing and implementing VPCs, VPC routing, and VPC security
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with experience working in a highly collaborative on-site environment
- Experience working in Agile environment
- Proven experience preparing and presenting technical documentation to various audiences.
- Hands-on experience in maintaining and supporting large enterprise systems in a production environment
- Ability to work on multiple assignments or projects in parallel, balancing time and schedule based on the business priorities of the organization
- Must be able to pass a background investigation and qualify for a Public Trust clearance