Sr Contracts Manager (Procurement)
Owings Mills, MD (3 days onsite, 2 days remote. Must be onsite day 1)
Compass Pointe has partnered with a global financial company in the Owings Mills, MD area that is looking for a Senior Contracts Manager. The Contracts Manager will conduct contract negotiations for complex contracts in multiple assigned categories. Contracts are typically multiyear and global in nature. Contracts managed may be master agreements, nondisclosure agreements, complex and noncomplex agreements, statements of work, and terminations, among others, for assigned categories on behalf of the strategic sourcing function.
- Serves as the direct point of contact for negotiations with contracting parties. Will be responsible for negotiation and management of sourcing contracts.
- Negotiates sourcing contracts in multiple complex categories. Independently reviews and analyzes contract asks, effectively communicates requirements, and determines solutions and actions in response to contract asks. Independently implements solutions.
- May enlist support from more junior team members and advise them on contract negotiation improvements.
- Conducts highly complex research across an overall category to support contract negotiations and compiles findings into an appropriate, intuitive format.
- Makes recommendations to procurement leadership on terms, service-level agreements and other contractual elements.
- Is responsible for contract administration for a large quantity of complex contracts in multiple categories, including nondisclosure agreements, complex agreements, statements of work, and terminations, among others.
- Identifies contracting issues and implements solutions.
- Develops demand-side process improvements in support of contract implementation.
- Liaise with business and legal stakeholders to ensure an effective and advantageous negotiation for the company's third-party contracts.
- 8+ years in a Contracts Management role.
- Experience reviewing and redlining contracts received from suppliers.
- Good understanding of technology procurement, technology sources, and technology category management.
- Familiar with general conditions and legal.
- Coupa procurement experience.
- Understanding of PII (Personally Identifiable Information) and data privacy.
- Able to handle 10-15 contracts at a time.