Compass Pointe has partnered with a commercial AV Integrator in the Hanover, MD area that is looking to hire a Sr AV Design Engineer. The candidate will design, estimate, propose, and thoroughly document quality audio-visual solutions for our customers. This role will be worked under the Engineering Manager, and on the Sales Staff/Operations Team. This position will rarely require travel (around the DMV) to client sites and the ability to occasionally work nights and weekends to meet project deadlines.
This position will be worked in Hanover, MD on a hybrid schedule (In office, work from home, client sites). A car allowance will be provided on a monthly basis, and eligible candidates must have a clean driving record.
- Designing, estimating, and proposing a wide variety of audio-visual solutions that accurately capture customer needs.
- Develop AutoCAD drawing sets for their designs and others as needed.
- Work alongside team members to revise drawing standards.
- Applying valuable experience as they become proficient with our evolving processes.
- Delivering detailed and profitable proposal and drawing packages that provide successful projects to our operations team.
- Respecting of diverse points-of-view, open to direction, and self-motivated.
- Striving for an environment in which inclusiveness drives productivity and quality results.
- Operating as a team member within the presales department.
- 10+ years experience working in the AV space in a hands-on role.
- 3+ years experience designing architectural diagrams.
- Experience with estimating, designing, commissioning, and installing AV systems.
- Proficient in AutoCAD LT (or any similar software), specifically for line diagrams, floor plan, RCP, elevations, risers, and detail drawings.
- Ability to multitask with strong computer, organizational, and communication skills.
- Ability to read & understand architectural drawings and line diagrams.
- Strong experience with signal flow, audio visual signal types, connector types & terminations.
- Strong experience with control and processing systems: Crestron, AMX, and Extron, QSC, Biamp, and Clearone.
- Strong experience with digital video/audio transmission and protocols.
- Industry certifications are a plus: Crestron, AMX, Extron, Biamp, QSC, Clearone, Shure, Polycom, Cisco, AVIXA, AutoCAD, etc.