Compass Pointe has partnered with a Maryland based systems integrator that is looking to hire an AV Project Manager. This position will require light travel (around the DMV) to client sites and the ability to sometimes work nights and occasionally weekends. Will provide a car allowance and must have a clean driving record.
This position will be worked on a hybrid schedule in Columbia, MD (from home, in office, and client sites)
- Schedule, manage, and coordinate the available labor, materials, tools, equipment, transportation, technical expertise.
- Coordinate and approve equipment needs with the purchasing department.
- Communicate with management in advance about staffing requirements.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of all assigned projects.
- Perform site visits in the pre-planning phase.
- 6-years+ experience in the audio-visual industry
- 2-years+ experience in project management
- Multitasking skills, Strong technical skills, organizational skills, communication skills
- Understanding of local and national building and electrical codes
- Ability to read & understand cabling pull schedules, floor plans, ceiling plans, riser diagrams & line diagrams.
- Strong knowledge/experience with the construction industry
- Knowledge/experience of signal flow, audio visual signal types, connector types & terminations
- Knowledge/experience with control/automation system: Crestron, AMX, Extron
- Knowledge/experience with audio DSPs: QSC, Biamp, Clearone, Symetrix
- Knowledge/experience with digital video/audio transmission and protocols: AVoIP systems
- Technical college certificates or degree is a plus.
- Certification: AVIXA CTS or CTS-I certification, PMP, RTPM, Infocomm, Crestron, AMX, Extron, Biamp, QSC, Clearone, Polycom, Cisco, Etc.
- Audio production and/or video production knowledge
- AutoCAD knowledge/experience
- Drafting knowledge/experience
- Safety background