AV Service Technician
Hanover, MD (Hybrid In office, work from home, client sites)
Compass Pointe has partnered with a Maryland based systems integrator that is looking to hire a AV Service Technician. This position is perfect for an individual looking to transition from a lead technician to a field engineering role. This position will require travel (around the DMV) to client sites and the ability to sometimes work nights and occasionally weekends. Will provide a car allowance and must have a clean driving record.
- Will have overall responsibility for supporting the service department and technical teams with their daily tasks.
- Will be doing systems installation, commissioning, and electronics troubleshooting.
- work with our technical and installation staff to diagnose and resolve problems within an AV system.
- The AV Service Technician will work with the service manager, engineers, foreman, and lead technicians.
- 5+ years of Previous audio-visual experience
- Ability to lift 75lbs and Ability to work on a ladder.
- General mechanical skills
- Must have the ability to read line diagrams and understand signal flow and quickly identify the components of an audio-visual system
- Understanding of audio and video signal types: Audio signal types (line-level, mic level, and speaker level)
- Video signal types(HDMI, HDBaseT, SDI, Composite and Component, VGA, Display Port, DVI)
- Control signal types(RS232, Network, IR)
- Familiarity with Dante and Control protocols
- Knowledge/experience with digital video/audio transmission and protocols
- Troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge/experience with control/automation system: Crestron, AMX, and Extron
- Load files to DSP and control systems
- Update equipment firmware
- Networking and computer skills. MS Office suite
- Knowledge/experience with audio DSPs: QSC, Biamp, Clearone, Symetrix
- Knowledge/experience with digital multi-meters & impedance meters
- Cable installation and an understanding of which cable types are used for audio/video transmission.
- Cable termination
- Soldering of XLR and TRS connectors
- Termination of various cable types
- Category/Networking cables(shielded and unshielded)
- Coaxial cable: BNC for SDI and RF, F type
- Phoenix or captive screw terminations
- Device installation
- Audio Visual industry certifications are a plus: Crestron, AMX, Extron, Biamp, QSC, Clearone, LifeSize, Polycom, Cisco, Info COMM, Etc.
- Other trade experience is a plus: Electronic security, fire alarm, structured cabling, electrical, etc.