Sr Business Analyst (Data Analytics)
Owings Mills, MD (2 days onsite, 3 days remote. Must be onsite day 1)
Compass Pointe has partnered with a global financial company in the Owings Mills, MD area that is looking to hire a Sr Business Analyst (Data Analytics). In this role, you will act as the main interface between technology and a specific business/functional area to help identify business solutions, define business requirements, build applications, process specifications, coordinate with engineers, and ensure that work is prioritized by business value and in alignment with the overarching business and technical strategies. You may be involved in the writing of technical materials/documentation.
- Defining complex or enterprise-wise business needs for new and/or enhanced products, services, or optimized business processes.
- Working closely and develops relationships with a variety of internal and external business partners to ensure that all business requirements are understood, documented, and met.
- Working closely with product owner to prioritize.
- Ensuring a lean-agile mind-set is applied to work projects.
- Working on initiatives of moderate complexity, size and impact.
- Ability to breakdown complex or vague problems and steps through them in a rational way.
- Able to evolve a decision as new information is gained.
- Finding opportunities for process improvements.
- Assisting in implementation of new processes as technologies, risks, and methodologies evolve.
- Translating business needs into details and requirements that engineers can understand and deliver.
- 10+ years in a similar role
- Demonstration of logical reasoning and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills including the ability to explain technical solutions to non-technical people.
- Ability to translate complex requirements into tactical solutions and write detailed requirements.
- Strong understanding of data, database design and SQL skills
- Ability to understand and articulate system, technical and data dependencies.
- Accountability for eliciting requirements and driving the work.
- Experience with testing, test cases, writing user stories and data modeling.
- Financial industry experience
- Experience in ServiceNow
- Experience with DST/SS&C, recordkeeping, and/or AWD
- Experience with dashboard tools (QlikSense, MicroStrategy, Tableau)
- Experience with agile software development
- Knowledge/experience with writing requirements for cloud technologies and/or data/services integrations