Infrastructure CA7 Scheduler
Owings Mills, MD (This role is a Hybrid position 2 days onsite, 3 days remote. Must be onsite day 1)
Compass Pointe has partnered with a global financial company in the Owings Mills, MD area that is looking to hire an Infrastructure CA7 Scheduler. You will be modifying the schedule and make large scale changes from CA7 to Autosys and TWS. This is a project contract likely to be 18+ months in duration.
A SAMPLING OF DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Deploy software changes and content in z/OS Mainframe, Unix and Windows environments.
- Create and support automated job schedules in CA7 and Autosys.
- Support changes and correct problems for platforms and business processes.
- Participate in projects that contribute to long term goals and objectives.
- Ensure adherence to industry and government standards while identifying and raising exceptions.
- Analyze and recover failed batch processes and scheduling issues as required.
- Create or enhance operations and support documentation.
- Prioritize work and complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Available for 24/7 on-call rotation support every 5 weeks for critical changes or problems.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL, YOU SHOULD POSSESS THE FOLLOWING:
- Bachelor's Degree in business or computer science or related field OR relatable equivalent experience.
- 3+ recent years of experience with CA7 scheduler or similar scheduling software.
- Familiarity with ticketing software for operations and incident manage.
- Proficiency with Infopac, Endevor, or CA Autosys Workload Automation scheduling software.
- Knowledge of z/OS Mainframe TSO, JCL, SDSF, OR Cobol.